TC vs H20

biggest

34 minutes ago, watercitykitty said:

You must not have been on that fence too long. Hewitt has been with Webster since he started and has never been the OC at Watertown (he did end up having to call plays in a TCHS playoff year 2019 due to unfortunate incident (I think H20 scored 20 points that night).  Was the DC from 2006-2009 seasons had some health issues and then returned right before retiring for a short stint from 2014-2016.  I usually don't post on these silly boards but have enjoyed watching Watertown go from being a doormat to winning championships since I've lived here my whole life. Most of that is due to increase in talent but let us not forget the drop in talent from the opposition in the last few years not as good. At one time, Watertown had to play with  gold ball winners Friendship, G'Ville and Trousdale ever year when they were all pumping out Mr. Football finalists and Watertown has only had one guy that should have won Mr. Football in Heath Price and IMO those years are really the only years Watertown really had a chance to win a Gold Ball. Love my Watertown Boy's, Family, and Community but we just get dominated in the offensive and defensive lines in most years and that is truly where every game is won and lost. H2O has some strong young coaches that were key contributors in turning Watertown around. Although I don't think giving OC to Hewitt is throwing in the towel, but Hewitt is Old, not healthy, and probably too set in his ways to get this bunch into the right system for them.  If memory serves me right he only knows the spread and throwing the ball 30 or 40 times a game. and that would be a bad fit. I do see a lot of the "young guns" on staff that he and Webster used to coach and look forward to seeing those guys get better and start getting to put their stamp on the program in carrying on the Purple Tiger Pride.  Hindsight is 20/20 but after the job Webster did last year with that bunch, should have rode off to the sunset and passed the mantle to some really good young football coaches and now that this team is going 3A and probably going to East Nashville every Friday nights. Go enjoy being the All-Time Win leader in Watertown Football History and having your teams and players break every record Watertown has ever had and go play golf or go travel the world. Oh, and tell Hewitt he needs to retire as well, he looks like an old geezer trying to figure out how to coach with that I-Pad every week and his eyes too weak to see the field.

My point was not to bash or disrepect any coaches on this platform.  But going back and reading it seemed I led down that road.  As for the being at the fence, yeah, spent many Friday's over the years right there, or helping hold up the old gym wall.  But thats neither here nor there.  I didn't start putting names with faces till my sisters boys played under Webster.  Then I started blending faces with names at that time.  And like I mentioned "not sure if there was another coach who has been with Webster longer."  If Hewitt has been, that doesnt change anything really.  And then I mentioned either OC/DC hats he held in the past.  I was right apparently because he was the DC and even though one game OC against TC. And I would agree on the OL play not being that consistently good over the years.  But if you look at the big picture, IMO OL play was pretty decent to get WHS as deep in the playoffs and overall records each year for the past few years.  In combo with above average skill players on average x3 each of those years to boot.  DL before Hackett I would agree was sub par at best, IMO believe Hackett has had some really good DL come through.  If what you say is true, and I do agree with you, it is won and lost in the trenches on both sides.  So lets whitle this down. Webster has some decisions to make about the offense.  IMO not many people would argue this.  Where I was ultimately wrong was I threw too much opinion out about Hewitt.  That I probably shouldnt have done.  And to hit on the young bloods on the staff, I would agree with you again, but pups will pee in the house till you show them why not to, so all the young staff have a few more years before they can be effective at a coordinator role.  That leaves us with OL coaches or DL coaches.  Not sure any of those coaches could or would want to do it.  Dont have a clue about any other coaches history with Offensive play calling, so Ill leave that angle alone so not to offend.  I probably butchered this post to.         

On 10/1/2022 at 6:31 PM, Southtowner said:

The fat lady hasn't sang on the TC season just yet.  They still have a couple scenarios in which they could make the playoffs.  

On 10/1/2022 at 6:33 PM, Jeremiah said:

Yeah.And the Cowboys and Titans are going to the Super Bowl

On 10/2/2022 at 8:59 AM, rlh said:

She's warming up though.

Gorda Fat GIF - Gorda Fat Lady GIFs

JUST WIN BABY!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Let me just say that Webster has definitely lost his fire. It’s time for some fresh insight and new coaching. The team has talent, it’s just not being allowed to be executed properly. 

Long post… 

First off, I want to say Coach Webster has been great for this community and school. The fella has been here since 1998 and has brought consistency that H2O had not seen in the 90’s! 

Have I always agree with him… no, but his record speaks for itself. I have seen years where I think he overachieved ( last year comes to mind) and years where I think he underachieved (2020).

The guy has continued to work hard through some very trying times personally, so all in all I think he’s been a great coach and a even better dude!

Now with that being said… I watched the game via the stream last night due to travel and paid a lot of attention to the sideline which I never do. 

While I was focusing on this and our coach. I noticed a man that had checked out. He showed no emotion and I never really saw him coaching up anyone. There were times that his assistants were looking at him for help and it seemed like his body language was one of someone who doesn’t care and his team reflected his attitude!

I watched as kids on the bench were dancing and what looked liked joking around  as their team was being beat 21-7!!

This to me was a reflection of their coaches attitude. If he don’t care why should we!?!

Now was this just a one game and or season scenario… I don’t know, but I do know to be a good leader you have to have the want to and the drive to compete!

Has Coach Webster loss the fire to coach… I don’t know, but some things need to be figured out before next year or you will see the same results!

17 hours ago, croz6110 said:

What were the adjustments that TC made on offense last night?

The biggest adjustment is instead of having your most athletic player handing the ball off over half the time, you get him the ball with blockers in front. Calhoun played RB mostly, 9 carries 142 yards 3 TD 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cam615 said:

The biggest adjustment is instead of having your most athletic player handing the ball off over half the time, you get him the ball with blockers in front. Calhoun played RB mostly, 9 carries 142 yards 3 TD 

Yes sir! Kobyn can pretty much play any position. Glad Blake made adjustments. Kobyn was smiling ear to ear after the game. And I was hoarse from screaming lol 

• Upvote 1