MARSHALL COUNTY hosting GREENBRIER

Chiledeme

Definitely a lot riding on this game!!! 

If Greenbrier defeats Marshall Co AND Lawrence Co defeats Creek Wood, Greenbrier would jump to #2 in the region. 

If Greenbrier defeats Marshall Co AND Creek Wood wins, Greenbrier would finish #4. 

Tullahoma, Hillwood, Glencliff, and Montgomery Central have been eliminated. 

You've got 5 teams fighting for four spots. Due to tie breakers I believe LC would still have a way in if things fell a certain way. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Greenbrier has not captured a spot. 

If Greenbrier, Lawrence Co, and Creekwood all end with a region record of 5-3, I believe Greenbrier would be the odd man out due to overall record comparison which I believe is the 2nd tie breaker after the head to head matchup.

Got all that? Clear as mud LOL 

Screenshot 2022-10-22 9.50.30 AM.png

1 hour ago, putboobieincoach said:

Greenbrier seems to think they are already in? 

I'm not sure if they do or not but if Greenbrier, LC, and Creek Wood all finish 5-3 the tiebreaker would be overall record in this situation. 

Greenbrier would be 5-5.

LC would be 7-3 just like Creek Wood. 

LC would bump into the third slot with Creek Wood falling to 4. 

This scenario would unfold if Greenbrier loses to Marshall Co and Lawrence Co beats Creek Wood this Friday night. 

7 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

Definitely a lot riding on this game!!! 

If Greenbrier defeats Marshall Co AND Lawrence Co defeats Creek Wood, Greenbrier would jump to #2 in the region. 

If Greenbrier defeats Marshall Co AND Creek Wood wins, Greenbrier would finish #4. 

Tullahoma, Hillwood, Glencliff, and Montgomery Central have been eliminated. 

You've got 5 teams fighting for four spots. Due to tie breakers I believe LC would still have a way in if things fell a certain way. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Greenbrier has not captured a spot. 

If Greenbrier, Lawrence Co, and Creekwood all end with a region record of 5-3, I believe Greenbrier would be the odd man out due to overall record comparison which I believe is the 2nd tie breaker after the head to head matchup.

Got all that? Clear as mud LOL 

Screenshot 2022-10-22 9.50.30 AM.png

3 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

I'm not sure if they do or not but if Greenbrier, LC, and Creek Wood all finish 5-3 the tiebreaker would be overall record in this situation. 

Greenbrier would be 5-5.

LC would be 7-3 just like Creek Wood. 

LC would bump into the third slot with Creek Wood falling to 4. 

This scenario would unfold if Greenbrier loses to Marshall Co and Lawrence Co beats Creek Wood this Friday night. 

Bottom line Greenbrier needs to play to win and let the chips fall where they may

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Upvote 1

I know that based on records, not speculating due to these being high school kids, Marshall County has opened up the past few weeks after the PC loss.  Maybe PC woke up a sleeping giant in MC and they may go on a tear in the playoffs but only time will tell.  Once again, I know the opponents in the last couple of weeks haven't won many or any games at all but feel that this could be the motivation to get MC on that streak to do some damage in the playoffs.  I think MC wins this game and keeps their #2 rank in the region (getting that first-round game at home).