Mairvul att Brad Lee

STARSNBARS

3 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

BarneySox, I will say that you have been very consistent on your concerns since before the season started and it has played out as you predicted it would.  I also mentioned that I thought the program was in decline very early in the year based on my distant observations.  Being a Oakland homer and sometimes Maryville troll though, I get no quarter or legitamicy and thats understandable and fair enough.  

All that said, I'll take you at your word about the lack of leadership and caring amongst the senior class there.  I guess my real question is who is responsible for this?  Would something like this happen under GQ?  I think not.  In the coaching world GQ was a man amongst boys in the high school ranks of coaching.  Attitude of group of people on a sports team or business follows the leaders.  In this case it's the responsibility of the coaching staff and that begins and ends at the top with DH.  I know virtually nothing about the man other than a two minute convo I had with him after one of the Oakland/Maryville semis at Oakland under GQ.  DH was very nice, very respectful and complimentary.  He strikes me as a very stand up guy and I know he is a very good coach but he ain't GQ and therin lies the problem.  As good as he is, he ain't GQ.  With DH you will still get your state championships but it ain't going to be as regular as they were and the Maryville machine runs a little different now. 

Oakland before Creasy was a sometimes good and sometimes not so good team with a state championship maybe every ten years or so.  Creasy, who won several state championships at 1A Trousdale county changed all that.  It ain't just his modified wing T that is the secret to his success.  It has to be a big part but it ain't the secret.  I don't know exactly what the secret is but men like Creasy, Rankin and Quarles know how to get the best out of what they have.  Be glad in the fact that ya'll had that man for so stinkin' long.  I still expect to see Maryville in the semis because even in a down year they are better than 95% of the teams in TN.  I hope Oakland makes it to the semis but realistically I don't know.  They should be there but they have also shown they can be beat.  Hopefully we both make it to the semis and this rivalry can continue.  It's a good one.

I don't see Oakland getting beat again at all this season, but I definitely don't see them losing before the semis. That has yet to happen since Creasy took over and I don't see it happening this year either. Of course anything can happen, but it's going to take a really off night from Oakland for them to get knocked off that early. 

I also agree that I still expect Maryville to make it back to the semis, and I hope they do as the Maryville-Oakland rivalry has been really fun to watch over the last several years. 

Oakland should be very grateful to have Coach Creasy as Maryville should be to have Coach Hunt. Definitely 2 of the best coaches in the state of TN

• Upvote 1

Murvil needs to get well quick if they can. The vultures are circling. 
Ive been asking all year about the quarterback running the ball more. The last few games I’ve watched him try to run it, but there was nowhere to run.
Ive wondered about a downfield passing game, but I see receivers run down the field with DBs in their pocket. 
I’m not sure the problem is on the field. Has the tuition gone up since the old coach left?Maybe tuition should be waived for a few years? Is that a part of anyone’s platform in this upcoming election?

Maybe this whole push for one sport athletes is doing more harm than good? It seems like the main three boys sports have all recently declined since adopting this approach? Maybe getting the best athletes in the school on all the teams might help? 

1 hour ago, oldrebel said:

GQ didn't bring in D. Ellis and never turned over play calling to anybody

The way you disparage our kids is a disgrace.

GQ did call the plays because that was his thing. He surrounded his self with two good minds. You're totally right about me bashing the kids so hard and it probably does look very bad on me for doing so and I feel very bad  for that now someone has brought it to my attention. I need to stop going out eating with our breakfast club, I believe that's where I'm getting most of this stuff then I come home and write about it right after Incase I forget something later.