## Where will the combines be this year##

finalsay

A lot of colleges are starting to have junior and senior mini-camps. I suspect over the next year or two, every college will start having the one-day camps. MTSU has a combine and they are thorough with the testing. Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia, Auburn, EKU, and Wake Forest are a few others. Clemson is the only school nearby that I know of that lets other colleges come in and look. I think UVA and a couple of places out west do the same thing. A lot of colleges keep the results to themselves so their recruiting "secrets" won't get out.

If you make all-state, all-region or your coach feels like you have a legitimate shot at playing D-1 you might be able to get your coach to recommend you to the Nike camps (wwww.studentsports.com). They are the combines to end all combines. They are free and pretty much every major D-1 school in the country gets the results. But they're invitation only. I think Unapproved Website is also starting to put together camps similar to the Nike camps so look at their site around February for details. Last but not least, there is also the Countdown combines in Georgia in the summer. You can keep an eye on www.borderwars.com during the summer for details on when/where they'll be.

If you're a rising senior, whatever you do save your money and avoid the week-long camps. The one-days camps are usually on a Saturday and only cost about 15-30 dollars which is a fair price for a t-shirt and lunch. The week long camps can get pretty expensive.

[Edited by lawdawg on 12-5-02 1:37P]

Most of the combines are AFTER signing day! They are for players who were not picked up through the normal process and you can contact your head coach to see what is available. There is always one in Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville for the DII, DIII, and NAIA schools. I had a senior go to Minnesota last year after being seen at a combine in Wilson County last April.