Alcoa travels to AE, UPSET of the Week here!!! LOCK IT IN!

Turtle

On 10/25/2022 at 11:17 AM, Eaglefan19 said:

Alcoa was not being put in a chattanooga region… stop making excuses. They were gonna be in region 2 with other Knox county schools 

So y'all think we're scared to move up to 4a, but didn't Elizabethon win back to back titles once they moved up? I believe we beat them a few times while in 3a, and then they win a couple titles in 4a the next few yrs. Greenville has always been a great program and we've had some great games. Besides those 2 teams in 4a, there's nobody in knox that could compete. I do like this Anderson Co. team this yr, but I still think we beat them. This is just my opinion though.

52 minutes ago, F5HallOfFamer said:

So y'all think we're scared to move up to 4a, but didn't Elizabethon win back to back titles once they moved up? I believe we beat them a few times while in 3a, and then they win a couple titles in 4a the next few yrs. Greenville has always been a great program and we've had some great games. Besides those 2 teams in 4a, there's nobody in knox that could compete. I do like this Anderson Co. team this yr, but I still think we beat them. This is just my opinion though.

Betsy won its first title in year 3 of moving up, got beat by Greeneville (their rival since the 1920’s) and AC the two previous years.  I agree that other than Greeneville, Besty, or AC 4a in Quad 1 everyone else has been Slaw ( that could be said about anyone coming from the west besides Tullahoma last year)

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Betsy won its first title in year 3 of moving up, got beat by Greeneville (their rival since the 1920’s) and AC the two previous years.  I agree that other than Greeneville, Besty, or AC 4a in Quad 1 everyone else has been Slaw ( that could be said about anyone coming from the west besides Tullahoma last year)

I didn’t think it was 3 yrs. I stand corrected. You’re right, there’s 3 4a teams in the east that can compete now, and will be 4 soon. I’m still not sold on Anderson Co. though. I’ve always loved playing Elizabethon and Greenville. We had some great games in the past. 

On 10/29/2022 at 1:02 AM, ManOfMillions said:

Dang, I saw a thread about a guaranteed upset..... I got on the T this late to check to see what happened! Same ole same ole.Congrats to the cloud benders! 

Hahahahaha that was for the nosey people like yourself.  Hope to beat those Cloud benders in round 3 

On 10/25/2022 at 11:35 AM, Indian said:

Memphis East jumped from 2A to 4A  in basketball just now, similar to what they've done in the past. 

Memphis East played in the 3A championship game (lost to Bearden) in 2019 so the jump was not directly from 2A to 4A.