Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

3 hours ago, deputydog said:

Amen to this !!! Made all us old Bulldogs proud…Pujo, tell Levi & coaches & players how proud of them we are…we aren’t into any moral victories but brought back memories of the years past when it didn’t matter what classification a school was in…we played them and stood toe to toe with them….

Yes Sir! Brought back lots or good memories. Last night will be a memory that those young men will remember for a lifetime....,camaraderie!

2 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Yes Sir! Brought back lots or good memories. Last night will be a memory that those young men will remember for a lifetime....,camaraderie!

Hampton has a lot to be proud of over the years, been a lot of blood sweat and tears from MANY outstanding players and fine people. Had some of the best coaches around, plenty to be proud of. Glad to be a part of the Family.

9 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Pujo there blessed to have you bud!!

Never pressured either of my kids to go there but was really hoping they would. I just knew that they would be well coached and nothing would be handed to them. They both made the right Coach because whatever coach was gonna be at Cloudland wouldn't expect as much out of them. Football is GREAT but learning all the things you do to ,work ethic, accountability and learning what it takes to be a productive Men is a lot more valuable. As far as I go, I just feel extremely blessed. Grand creator is surely watching out for me and my family. No way to lose.

4 hours ago, pujo said:

Hampton has a lot to be proud of over the years, been a lot of blood sweat and tears from MANY outstanding players and fine people. Had some of the best coaches around, plenty to be proud of. Glad to be a part of the Family.

That is a unique thing about our community that I  wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Family.

19 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Boone’s Kids rush the field like Clemson doing it after beating “Syracuse” by 6. . SERIOUSLY 

If not mistaken, Clemson fans go on the field after every home win.  It’s a tradition there, at least that’s what I heard on sports podcast a few days ago. Don’t take my word for it though.  I could’ve missed interpreted what I heard.  Boone getting by a very good team and going 10-0, is almost to them like it was for the VOLS beating bama after 15 years.   Isn’t this the 1st time is Boone’s school history that they’ve ever gone undefeated in a season?  

I know the Dogs are probably thinking what if, or man we were so close.  However, I think the Dogs would much rather bring back their 1st ever championship back to NET, and I think they have very good opportunity in front of them to make that happen.  They got to there last year, and think the team has thrived from it. They look like a championship team and I think they get it done.  One game at a time though, and their new journey to Chatta starts this coming Friday.  

4 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

If not mistaken, Clemson fans go on the field after every home win.  It’s a tradition there, at least that’s what I heard on sports podcast a few days ago. Don’t take my word for it though.  I could’ve missed interpreted what I heard.  Boone getting by a very good team and going 10-0, is almost to them like it was for the VOLS beating bama after 15 years.   Isn’t this the 1st time is Boone’s school history that they’ve ever gone undefeated in a season?  

I know the Dogs are probably thinking what if, or man we were so close.  However, I think the Dogs would much rather bring back their 1st ever championship back to NET, and I think they have very good opportunity in front of them to make that happen.  They got to there last year, and think the team has thrived from it. They look like a championship team and I think they get it done.  One game at a time though, and their new journey to Chatta starts this coming Friday.  

I think some people might have thought they over reacted , but I don't think it was anything other than them going undefeated. I was not bothered by it in the least. They had very kind words to our kids and and went out of their way to let us know what they thought of us and our effort.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

I think some people might have thought they over reacted , but I don't think it was anything other than them going undefeated. I was not bothered by it in the least. They had very kind words to our kids and and went out of their way to let us know what they thought of us and our effort.

I agree. 10 and 0 seasons don't come around often and should be celebrated, especially when it's your first. Every Boone fan I talked to last night was complimentary of the  Hampton team and the beautiful scenery that our stadium sets in. They were a classy bunch.

2 hours ago, NETNSportsFan said:

The Boone student section comes on the field after every win.  The coach waits for them to all gather around before he makes his speech.  

Great Win for Boone. . Maybe a new tradition is being set for their program. I’ve seen home teams sorta do this after a big win. Jus not so much away games except the playoffs. I hope the kids and fans get many more opportunities this season. 

On 10/27/2022 at 10:25 PM, pujo said:

We got to beat Oneida,no one is gonna lay down for you. Guess we earned a little respect tonight, but that and 5 dollars will buy you a cup of coffee. lol

Pujo Levi Lunceford put Hampton on his shoulders and should have “carried” them to an improbable win. Having a kicker when you were on the 4yrd line and obviously the 2 missed 2pt were the difference. Guess kids don’t play Soccer up that way (don’t blame you it’s NOT football). It’s for the kids whose parents are worried about their kids getting hurt and won’t let them play. Levi had 44 carries and over 200yrds against arguably the best D in Region 1 regardless of class. Boone held SHHS to 14 with a 270lb O-Line and athletes everywhere and jus won the 6A region by beating Dobyns Bennett. Yes we should recognize Hamptons O-Line but Levi had the Best Rushing Performance against Boone all  year. . And it’s not even close. I hope he’s Ok after such a bruising game. Not sure where he is on the Mr Football list in 2A but he just had a “heisman” game. And the posts that he’s a “better man than a player” says a lot about his character. He’s everything we wish every kid playing ball is, or could become. Agree that you can’t look past Oneida. But Hampton will win against anyone at Home during the playoffs IF they play with the intensity against Boone. They are very impressive in all phases (minus kicking) and should easily reach the 3rd Round. Tyner “appears” to be the biggest challenge. 
But you gotta take em one game at a time. Oneida is the First in Line. Go get em Dawgs. I’ll be pulling for ya each week and would love NOTHING More than watching your team in Chattanooga. 

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Pujo Levi Lunceford put Hampton on his shoulders and should have “carried” them to an improbable win. Having a kicker when you were on the 4yrd line and obviously the 2 missed 2pt were the difference. Guess kids don’t play Soccer up that way (don’t blame you it’s NOT football). It’s for the kids whose parents are worried about their kids getting hurt and won’t let them play. Levi had 44 carries and over 200yrds against arguably the best D in Region 1 regardless of class. Boone held SHHS to 14 with a 270lb O-Line and athletes everywhere and jus won the 6A region by beating Dobyns Bennett. Yes we should recognize Hamptons O-Line but Levi had the Best Rushing Performance against Boone all  year. . And it’s not even close. I hope he’s Ok after such a bruising game. Not sure where he is on the Mr Football list in 2A but he just had a “heisman” game. And the posts that he’s a “better man than a player” says a lot about his character. He’s everything we wish every kid playing ball is, or could become. Agree that you can’t look past Oneida. But Hampton will win against anyone at Home during the playoffs IF they play with the intensity against Boone. They are very impressive in all phases (minus kicking) and should easily reach the 3rd Round. Tyner “appears” to be the biggest challenge. 
But you gotta take em one game at a time. Oneida is the First in Line. Go get em Dawgs. I’ll be pulling for ya each week and would love NOTHING More than watching your team in Chattanooga. 

I'm not so big on calling out individual kids on any team unless someone attacks them in some childish way.  My kid is pretty special and I've sure been blessed with 2 outstanding boys, He's the kindest and most caring kid I've ever witnessed, you better not have anything to say bad about any of his teammates or even fellow students, he'll find the good in them. I've told him a million times that I was so proud of him and not for his grades or his ability to play ball but for being what and who he is. You just have to really know the youngun. I thank you for the kind words and he deserves every word but like many kids , he's had people who love him and pushed him to be the best he can be as a person and whatever . Said it a million times, if all kids had people who raised them in the right way, we'd have a whole different roster on these NFL teams. It drives me nuts that people bring kids in this world and are so selfish  and just whatever to allow them to fall through the cracks. All you have to do is Love um and the rest will fall in place.  My upbringing or lack therof  has been a blessing to me and some of my other brothers kids. We were for some reason able to break the cycle and I'm soooooooooooooooooo grateful.  Hope we win every game and bring home the gold but more than anything. I just want my kids to be Good loving and caring humans. He's not perfect by any means but What a great world it would be if we   had all Levi's. Hope no one takes this the wrong way and thinks I'm boasting, thats not my style and I'm just thankful to the Grand creator its worked out like it has.

• Like 1