Dyersburg vs Ripley for #2

FOOTBALLROCKYTOP

Wish dyersburg would grow a pair and put Haywood back on their schedule for the next few years. I’m sure it would benefit the Trojans playing the Tomcats more than it would them playing whoever the btw Memphis school they play every year and whoop every year!  Haywood and Dyersburg have a lot of history. I just hope it’s not Bart preventing Haywood from playing Dyersburg!

1 hour ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

Ripley ought to be just as embarrassed!! Haywood and Ripley boy have an awful long history . Why would y’all end the game?? 

I get that it's a long standing rivalry and everything, but what would Dyersburg or Ripley gain from playing Haywood? What would Haywood gain from playing these two? I think we can all agree that Haywood would have their way with both of them, whether it be this year or last year, neither team is on Haywood's level. Haywood's got some grown men in that locker room, more than Dyersburg & Ripley combined. I don't blame either team for not playing them right now, gotta do what's best for your team at the end of the day. :thumb:

2 hours ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

Wish dyersburg would grow a pair and put Haywood back on their schedule for the next few years. I’m sure it would benefit the Trojans playing the Tomcats more than it would them playing whoever the btw Memphis school they play every year and whoop every year!  Haywood and Dyersburg have a lot of history. I just hope it’s not Bart preventing Haywood from playing Dyersburg!

Would beating them 49-0 really benefit Haywood though

What does dyersburg gain from playing their cupcake non region schedule? It’s apparently not making them any better come playoff time. It really hurt Haywood from a scheduling standpoint when dyersburg and ripley went down to 3a. We are having a hard time getting teams to play us. I can’t remember exactly how many times we have played both teams historically, over 100 times each time. Think it’s ridiculous they won’t schedule the Tomcats.

No offense Haywood fans but this is a post about a couple 3A schools playing for 2nd place in their Region. How about starting a "Please Someone Come Play With Us" post instead of highjacking every West Tenn post crying and begging for someone to be your friend.  

Now with that out of the way,, Who do you have in the Dyersburg/Ripley game this friday night?  

12 hours ago, FOOTBALLROCKYTOP said:

No offense Haywood fans but this is a post about a couple 3A schools playing for 2nd place in their Region. How about starting a "Please Someone Come Play With Us" post instead of highjacking every West Tenn post crying and begging for someone to be your friend.  

Now with that out of the way,, Who do you have in the Dyersburg/Ripley game this friday night?  

Figured I would try to help this thread out. Probably gonna be pretty dead

17 hours ago, Allthetalk said:

According to the Sonny Moore Power ranking  its pretty much a pick em. Tough game to pick. Ripley lost to Dyersburg last season, but defeated them the two years prior, and Dyersburg won a lot prior to that. Seems like they have a good little rivalry going. 

I thought the winner is 2nd in the region but after listening to West Tenn Sports that is true for Dyersburg but if Ripley wins they’re 3rd and Dyersburg is fourth with Millington taking 2nd. That is if Millington wins over Bolivar.  So this game could be a good one with both teams possibly playing for a Home game in the first round.