Can we talk about Daniel Boone

ILB1999

I've spent the better part of the season considering them contenders, but last nigh 2A Hampton took em to the wire?  What's going on over there?  Are they the real deal? Or is upper-east tn just that far behind?   

If there are specific factors, please let me know.  i'm struggling to find any video of boone so i'm really relying on ya'lls input.

2 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I've spent the better part of the season considering them contenders, but last nigh 2A Hampton took em to the wire?  What's going on over there?  Are they the real deal? Or is upper-east tn just that far behind?   

If there are specific factors, please let me know.  i'm struggling to find any video of boone so i'm really relying on ya'lls input.

they’ll do what they always do and exit out in round 1 or 2 

• Like 1

I've seen them twice this year against South Greene and last night.  They don't strike me as a team that will go very far... they definitely won't get past West.  Could they potentially play Oak Ridge or Powell before then?  I think Oak Ridge or Powell would beat Boone as well.

Edited by TribalEmpire
  • Like 1

By the end of the game Boone had lost a total of 5 starters to injuries.  Defense really struggled against Hampton's run game and offense seemed to be in a bit of a shock to come out on the field being down 8 points for the first time all season and just couldn't make plays. QB uncharacteristically turned the ball over more than once. 

Second half more like the way Boone's been playing all year. Big plays, big stops. TBD if they'll be healed enough to make a run in the playoffs. 

Boone has not had a hard schedule so it's difficult to judge where we really are.   But as they say you have to play the games you are given and try to win each one.      As others have already pointed out this all ends at Knox West if not before.    However, regardless of the playoffs and playing a softer schedule, it sure feels good to be 10-0 for once, it won't ever happen again in my lifetime..... So I'm thankful

South Greene (2A) 5-5
West Ridge (6A) 4-5
Cherokee (5A) 1-8
Elizabethton (4A) 5-4
Morristown West (5A) 6-4
CAK (Div II) 2-7
Science Hill (6A) 5-4
Tennessee High (5A) 4-5
David Crockett (5A) 4-5
Hampton (2A) 8-2

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Boone has not had a hard schedule so it's difficult to judge where we really are.   But as they say you have to play the games you are given and try to win each one.      As others have already pointed out this all ends at Knox West if not before.    However, regardless of the playoffs and playing a softer schedule, it sure feels good to be 10-0 for once, it won't ever happen again in my lifetime..... So I'm thankful

South Greene (2A) 5-5
West Ridge (6A) 4-5
Cherokee (5A) 1-8
Elizabethton (4A) 5-4
Morristown West (5A) 6-4
CAK (Div II) 2-7
Science Hill (6A) 5-4
Tennessee High (5A) 4-5
David Crockett (5A) 4-5
Hampton (2A) 8-2

Congrats to Boone and to you Blazer on the perfect regular season.  10-0 is quite an accomplishment at any level of competition.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blazer1set said:

South Greene (2A) 5-5
West Ridge (6A) 4-5
Cherokee (5A) 1-8
Elizabethton (4A) 5-4
Morristown West (5A) 6-4
CAK (Div II) 2-7
Science Hill (6A) 5-4
Tennessee High (5A) 4-5
David Crockett (5A) 4-5
Hampton (2A) 8-2

Proud for you and the Blazers...ENJOY!!!

12 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

I've seen them twice this year against South Greene and last night.  They don't strike me as a team that will go very far... they definitely won't get past West.  Could they potentially play Oak Ridge or Powell before then?  I think Oak Ridge or Powell would beat Boone as well.

Because they're in Region 1, they'd see West before they'd see Powell or OR. Region 2 just isn't very good this year, so they should make it to the QFs to take on West, but I guess you never know.

13 hours ago, blazer1set said:

South Greene (2A) 5-5
West Ridge (6A) 4-5
Cherokee (5A) 1-8
Elizabethton (4A) 5-4
Morristown West (5A) 6-4
CAK (Div II) 2-7
Science Hill (6A) 5-4
Tennessee High (5A) 4-5
David Crockett (5A) 4-5
Hampton (2A) 8-2

Congrats to Daniel Boone.....and still praying for those kids from both teams, student bodies of both schools and everyone involved who had to witness that tragedy last week.............

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Thanks 1