2022 Ladies Classic Tournament December 27-31 GreenEville, Tennessee

Americal198

Here's the bracket for this year's Lady Classic in Greeneville. Looking forward to seeing state champ Upperman once again and am especially pleased to see that potential state champ, Alcoa, will also be coming to town. Lots of other good programs to be represented!

December 27-31, 2022.

Ladies Classic 2022.jpg

Edited by Americal198

16 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Here's the bracket for this year's Lady Classic in Greeneville. Looking forward to seeing state champ Upperman once again and am especially pleased to see that potential state champ, Alcoa, will also be coming to town. Lots of other good programs to be represented!

Ladies Classic 2022.jpg

We played Alcoa jv back in the summer.  Lost by 7.  They were very good so Alcoa is going to be around for awhile 

20 hours ago, THE KING said:

We played Alcoa jv back in the summer.  Lost by 7.  They were very good so Alcoa is going to be around for awhile 

The Alcoa varsity returns all of last year's starters. The girl who is supposed to be a very good player (maybe the best?) who missed last season because of an injury is coming back also. The two guards are a force to be reckoned with, and the two sisters will be a big factor inside. This team should go far in the Ladies Classic.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Streaming?

The website for the classic has a button labled streaming  so I think they will be streaming.

As you know, this is not just a small town Eastern Tennessee basketball tournament. Through the years this Classis has been nationally recognized for the talent they bring in and the way the tournament is run. 

Best wishes to Cleveland! Not when you play Oak Ridge of course.

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The website for the classic has a button labled streaming  so I think they will be streaming.

As you know, this is not just a small town Eastern Tennessee basketball tournament. Through the years this Classis has been nationally recognized for the talent they bring in and the way the tournament is run. 

Best wishes to Cleveland! Not when you play Oak Ridge of course.

Thanks, I remember watching the streaming last season, didn’t know if it would be streamed this season also.

17 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Very interesting the way the bracket looks. If I'm reading it correctly, should Upperman advance past the winner of Grainger and North Greene, they will face whoever comes out of the Knoxville Catholic or Chuckey Doak vs Mercer County (KY) matchup although it looks like the winner of Knoxville Webb and Lumpkin County (GA) would feed on down into a winner's bracket matchup against them, but again it's not how the bracket looks, it's what the matchups say.

That bracket is set up wrong attached is the actual bracket.  

https://ajbankladiesclassic.com/2022-tournament-bracket/

• Like 1

Well once again Cleveland is out coached by a smaller team.  Even though the refs tried to help them, in the end didn’t happen.  Greenville took better shots while Cleveland looked at what was their best shot individually.  Cleveland with the talent they have should’ve won by 15 or more but lost.  Bad leadership!  Only worried about individuals!!!!  Cleveland will have a good record only because of what they play!!!!!

2 hours ago, Nobodysomebody said:

Well once again Cleveland is out coached by a smaller team.  Even though the refs tried to help them, in the end didn’t happen.  Greenville took better shots while Cleveland looked at what was their best shot individually.  Cleveland with the talent they have should’ve won by 15 or more but lost.  Bad leadership!  Only worried about individuals!!!!  Cleveland will have a good record only because of what they play!!!!!

Greeneville had a good lead for much of the game. That, and playing on Greeneville's home court, made it difficult for Cleveland, even though they made a great comeback.

Regarding the refs, the guy sitting next to me tonight insisted that the refs were intent on making calls that favored Greeneville. I seem to recall mention in this forum of the same thing last year, after Greeneville beat Cleveland. To suggest that referees would go to the length of helping or being partial to one team over another is to take away from the effort made by the Greeneville team.

The Hurst sisters both fouled out. That was the difference. 

As for a lack of leadership, I will agree, except I would apply that to last night's game when the Cleveland coach allowed his starters to mock-scream from the bench as they cheered on their subs, while running up the score against a South Greene team that was obviously bitten by the injury bug.

Edited by Americal198
  • Thanks 1