2022 Ladies Classic Tournament December 27-31 GreenEville, Tennessee

Americal198

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

"Coachinhoops" visited my profile late last night. I invite him to go back a couple of years to some threads where he and his team were being trashed by an Internet troll from Bradley Central. I wasn't as concerned about the coach, who could take care of himself, but was more concerned about the slandering that some of Cleveland's players received.

More than once I suggested in the body of those threads that they be deleted. Finally, after things got very personal and nastier, I contacted the staff at CoachT and they decided to remove several messages. My main concerns were Cleveland's players, who could have been following along. 

There is such a thing as being gracious in winning. Nothing you will say will cause me to change my opinion. 

I was going to message you privately but it's not an option.  I want you to know that we do pride ourselves on celebrating our teammates.  It comes across wrong sometimes but I can assure you that our kids are never intending to disrespect other teams.  I have always made that clear.  As a coach I have been on the other side of it and we pride ourselves on playing with class, respect of our opponent, and NEVER DOING ANYTHING AT THE EXPENSE OF THE OTHER TEAM.  I apologize whole heartedly if that's how we came across.  You guys run an amazing tournament and hopefully our team learns from our experience up here.  Have a blessed day.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, coachinhoops said:

I was going to message you privately but it's not an option.  I want you to know that we do pride ourselves on celebrating our teammates.  It comes across wrong sometimes but I can assure you that our kids are never intending to disrespect other teams.  I have always made that clear.  As a coach I have been on the other side of it and we pride ourselves on playing with class, respect of our opponent, and NEVER DOING ANYTHING AT THE EXPENSE OF THE OTHER TEAM.  I apologize whole heartedly if that's how we came across.  You guys run an amazing tournament and hopefully our team learns from our experience up here.  Have a blessed day.

Coach, Thank you for your gracious response. It is much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, coachinhoops said:

That was solid!

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

@Americal198 I tried to send you a DM not sure if it got through to you or not so sorry if I'm repeating myself here.

What's the schedule like tomorrow and how much are tickets and programs? Going to make the drive down from Blountville to check this out tomorrow I believe. 

I did receive your private message and sent a response. Your message is the first DM I have received on Coach T. Let me know in this thread if you did not receive it and I will respond in this thread.

15 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I did receive your private message and sent a response. Your message is the first DM I have received on Coach T. Let me know in this thread if you did not receive it and I will respond in this thread.

I got it thanks! One thing I forgot to ask is if they have a problem bringing in outside food and drink... If so no worries. But from experience I have to say I'm not a big fan of the popcorn from Hal Henard... Lol

6 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

I got it thanks! One thing I forgot to ask is if they have a problem bringing in outside food and drink... If so no worries. But from experience I have to say I'm not a big fan of the popcorn from Hal Henard... Lol

My guess is they frown on outside food. That said, the concession is professional, and family owned. The popcorn is a bit salty, LOL.

• Like 1

Oak Ridge beat Pikeville ( KY ) today. It was an honor to watch Willdcats finish 6th out of 20 teams. Very proud of the effort and wins. YOU ARE SPECIAL LADY WILDCATS!

After the game, ORHS Girls Coach Taylor heaped praise on the Tournamet. She said it was an honor to watch the very good teams the Tournament brings in. She went on and on with praise.

You men and women who put the Tournament on should be proud.

Oh, for those who don't know Coach Taylor is the former Paige Redmond. Paige was named Tournament MVP back in her playing days at Bradley Central.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge beat Pikeville ( KY ) today. It was an honor to watch Willdcats finish 6th out of 20 teams. Very proud of the effort and wins. YOU ARE SPECIAL LADY WILDCATS!

After the game, ORHS Girls Coach Taylor heaped praise on the Tournamet. She said it was an honor to watch the very good teams the Tournament brings in. She went on and on with praise.

You men and women who put the Tournament on should be proud.

Oh, for those who don't know Coach Taylor is the former Paige Redmond. Paige was named Tournament MVP back in her playing days at Bradley Central.

Saw your girls today Willie! Looked good against a team who went to Rupp last year for the sweet 16. Good quality win. 

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

Saw your girls today Willie! Looked good against a team who went to Rupp last year for the sweet 16. Good quality win. 

Yep, the Lady Wildcats are turning the corning and beginning to play up to their ability.I believe they will win their last game of the season at the Glass House.

Best of luck to your team and thanks for the kind words you shared about the Lady Wildcats.

Congratulations to this year's Andrew Johnson Ladies Classic champs, Alcoa H.S., who beat Knoxville Catholic H.S. 58 to 47 in the final game.

On the previous night, Alcoa beat Upperman in a defensive "slugfest" 42-41. In that game, starting post for Alcoa, Amelia Pfeiffer, left the game about two minutes into the second quarter, due to concussion protocol. Thanks to Mak Bremer, who totaled 26 points, Alcoa was able to make a 4th quarter comeback to win in the semi-finals. Bremer rejoined her team this season after suffering a knee injury last season. This was one of the hardest played games I have seen this year.

In the championship game, with Pfeiffer returning to the lineup, Alcoa had more of an inside game than on the previous night. Catholic's star guard, Sydney Mains, was unable to shift momentum to her team's favor, as she usually does with three- point shots, although she had three for the game. She was "held" to 19 points. Karli Haworth scored 25 points with five threes for Alcoa.

Two individual tournament records were broken this year. Alcoa's Karli Hayworth broke the single game record with 9 threes and Sydney Mains broke the tournament record with 23 threes.

Overall, this year's tournament was a great one!

Edited by Americal198