Marshall County @ Lexington

Lead

I remember when Marshall County came to Lexington and the Hightower kid was a freshman. You could tell he had potential. 

I also have found memories of Marshall County youth baseball. When my son was 13 our babe Ruth team came to Marshall County for a state tourney. One of our players was diagnosed with cancer prior to that and the Marshall County group donated at least a portion of the proceeds to his family. That was a quality thing to do and I’ll never forget it. That was a class bunch of people.  Great tournament. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TradHunter said:

I thought this would be getting more of a response. I guess both teams will let the score talk. MC is playing good. The penalties continue to be a thorn in the side of the fans. Don't know much about Lexington except that they pound the ball every drive and eat the clock up. 

That may be the formula to beat Marshall keep their offense off the field. How good is Lexington on the offensive and defensive line? This could be the difference in the game, and force Teat to roll to his right.

Lexington plays a very boring style of offense but very effective. They will almost put you to sleep then all of a sudden they will break a long run. When they played Haywood they were literally not snapping the ball til there was less than 5 seconds left on the clock. Like I said, boring to watch but effective. They also don’t make many mistakes.

• Upvote 2

The only thing bad about that kind of offense (or gameplan) is if you get behind do you have the fire power to “giddy up and go”??? 

MC has proven to do both, and pretty good at both. 

I think this will be e very interesting and good game that could go either way but the edge HAS to go to Lexington playing at home!!!

Although I think Lexington will have the edge with home field, I think MC will pull out the victory. 

Edited by Chiledeme
  • Like 1