Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Well Gordonsville lost to H20 and Clay close so they are solid on paper. Should be an interesting game and a test for S Pitt. I remember Gordy beating FC at home during the season when they won the State. But S Pitt beating them 31-0 at Gordy in the playoffs. So apparently anything is possible. An interesting matchup for sure. Should decide the east rep in Chattanooga. Nothing to worry about east of Knoxville this year. Cloudland is down but still alive. 

There were some kids on that Fayetteville team that missed the game vs Gordonsville that year as I remember.  Some were ejected from the Cornersville game? Also Fayetteville had some that became eligible around playoff time? 

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

South Pittsburg is probably a 2 TD underdog to them on a wet field. At home, at Gordonsville, or any other field. 

I’ve got someone in the west winning in Chattanooga by 3-4 scores. 

If it's a wet sloppy field & a power game is what's needed to prevail, then we are in trouble.   I believe we have to win a shoot-out.  

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

There were some kids on that Fayetteville team that missed the game vs Gordonsville that year as I remember.  Some were ejected from the Cornersville game? Also Fayetteville had some that became eligible around playoff time? 

You are correct. I totally forgot that. Yes that probably contributed to the loss. You have a very sharp memory. Mine not so much. 

11 hours ago, Southtowner said:

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You are correct. I totally forgot that. Yes that probably contributed to the loss. You have a very sharp memory. Mine not so much. 

about 6 or 7 of the starters were out against Gordonsville. and yes, a couple seniors transferred to City, sat out the whole regular season, and started the first round of the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, piratetom said:

This will be a one score game either way. Wet field or not, both teams will give it all they got. Gordonsville's line may have the edge in size but our boys will be ready. Neither team has relied heavily on the run game this year. 

Agreed. I’m giving edge to SP due to home field. If game was at Gordy then I would give edge to them. Should be a classic. 

22 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

about 6 or 7 of the starters were out against Gordonsville. and yes, a couple seniors transferred to City, sat out the whole regular season, and started the first round of the playoffs.

Yep. . Thanks for refreshing my memory. They were certainly a different team in the playoffs than the one that lost to Gordonsville