Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

To be honest, I absolutely think that Gville has the horses to win and control the game. My only fear is that we've underperformed at times this year. That's why we lost to Watertown and the game with Jo Byrns was tight. I'm hoping we don't see that side of this team tomorrow. If we don't, I feel pretty good. Regardless, if they play with the motor I've seen the last couple of games, that will make up for any deficiencies. 

Regardless of the gameplan, I just want to see physicality and aggressiveness out of the Tigers.

4 hours ago, croz6110 said:

To be honest, I absolutely think that Gville has the horses to win and control the game. My only fear is that we've underperformed at times this year. That's why we lost to Watertown and the game with Jo Byrns was tight. I'm hoping we don't see that side of this team tomorrow. If we don't, I feel pretty good. Regardless, if they play with the motor I've seen the last couple of games, that will make up for any deficiencies. 

Regardless of the gameplan, I just want to see physicality and aggressiveness out of the Tigers.

Honestly you have no reason not to control the game. You have better pieces than SP. You guys are definitely due to beat us. This is your year to get it done. 

This time tomorrow night the game will be started and we should have a good idea of what’s about to happen. For the Pirates, who is this years Gio and JoJo? Who are going to blow up plays in the backfield and be the ones who can pave a path. The skill guys were so key on last years team, but those two along with Cooper made the biggest difference come state game IMO. So, who to watch for? Mount? Kelly? Starkey? Wellington? I think it’s Stone. Good athlete with good hands. Gordonsville’s fans will be loud tomorrow night. Probably louder than South Pittsburg. The young men in orange and black must handle adversity early and often. My gut tells me 42-28 Gordonsville. My heart says Pirates by 6. I’m hoping for the latter. Goodluck to all young men in a hard fought injury free game.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

I saw some Gordy pictures on Facebook. They seem to have an impressive bunch. 

Veteran team this year for G.  They should do well against this Pirate team. I feel like it will be an uphill battle tomorrow. I’m not sure we have one lineman that looks like any of the ones they have. They also have a LB for a RB. They look to be very large and physical. Pirates are outmanned in this game. 

Regardless Go Pirates!

1 hour ago, powerp said:

This time tomorrow night the game will be started and we should have a good idea of what’s about to happen. For the Pirates, who is this years Gio and JoJo? Who are going to blow up plays in the backfield and be the ones who can pave a path. The skill guys were so key on last years team, but those two along with Cooper made the biggest difference come state game IMO. So, who to watch for? Mount? Kelly? Starkey? Wellington? I think it’s Stone. Good athlete with good hands. Gordonsville’s fans will be loud tomorrow night. Probably louder than South Pittsburg. The young men in orange and black must handle adversity early and often. My gut tells me 42-28 Gordonsville. My heart says Pirates by 6. I’m hoping for the latter. Goodluck to all young men in a hard fought injury free game.

Good post.

We're gonna need a couple or three breaks to go our way. 

46 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Veteran team this year for G.  They should do well against this Pirate team. I feel like it will be an uphill battle tomorrow. I’m not sure we have one lineman that looks like any of the ones they have. They also have a LB for a RB. They look to be very large and physical. Pirates are outmanned in this game. 

Regardless Go Pirates!

Strong veteran team for sure.  Somehow we gotta be able to finesse them and hope to get a few breaks along the way.

Edited by Southtowner