North Side Head Coaching Job

SSHawks12

51 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

He's going to have to win my over. Spent 8 years combined at Fayette Ware and Bolivar, and has failed to win a playoff (0-4). I think he left Bolivar on "not so good" terms. He didn't do anything at Fayette Ware in a region where we could easily win because region 8-4A has been a dreadful region over the past two seasons. Again, he's going to have to win me over for this position.

For the kids sake at North Side, I hope he does a great job. I’ve always thought y’all have athletes that just need coached up. 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

He's going to have to win my over. Spent 8 years combined at Fayette Ware and Bolivar, and has failed to win a playoff (0-4). I think he left Bolivar on "not so good" terms. He didn't do anything at Fayette Ware in a region where we could easily win because region 8-4A has been a dreadful region over the past two seasons. Again, he's going to have to win me over for this position.

Aren’t those two of the worst programs in West TN with the least support of maybe anyone between Memphis and bristol? 

44 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

Aren’t those two of the worst programs in West TN with the least support of maybe anyone between Memphis and bristol? 

Fayette Ware? Yes

Bolivar? it's a bottom feeder program because they don't support their athletics other than basketball. I haven't seen them in a while to answer that question.

His teams still should be able to beat majority of those teams in Region 8-4A to make the playoffs (Melrose, Craigmont, Ridgeway, Wooddale, and Kirby). Michael Hodum went to Fayette Ware (I think he was there only for the 2018 season) and finished 8-3. Point being: you can win at Fayette Ware.

31 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Fayette Ware? Yes

Bolivar? it's a bottom feeder program because they don't support their athletics other than basketball. I haven't seen them in a while to answer that question.

His teams still should be able to beat majority of those teams in Region 8-4A to make the playoffs (Melrose, Craigmont, Ridgeway, Wooddale, and Kirby). Michael Hodum went to Fayette Ware (I think he was there only for the 2018 season) and finished 8-3. Point being: you can win at Fayette Ware.

Both bottom feeder programs with minimal support and minimal players. Didn’t bolivar hire someone with minimal experience last year because nobody on the planet wanted the job. He will do better at Ns than the past two guys.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Fayette Ware? Yes

Bo Wallace was also the OC that year

1 hour ago, 731Ball said:

Both bottom feeder programs with minimal support and minimal players. Didn’t bolivar hire someone with minimal experience last year because nobody on the planet wanted the job. He will do better at Ns than the past two guys.

Depends on how you view Bolivar. The guy at Bolivar who replaced Lowe resigned late into the offseason, and left Bolivar scrambling to find a coach. Bolivar has been dealing with some bad luck due to recent coaches resigning late into the offseason. Lowe resigned from that postition in April. 

I think Lowe will be fine, he’ll be at a school that’s a better job than the other two. Just saying if there was a list of teams that were disappointing to me, Fayette Ware would be on that list. Reason why because I would expect them to make the playoffs in 2021 and/or 2022 due to his region competition didn’t play in 2020 due to Covid. He may not have the riches of players in Somerville, but I’m certainly positive he had enough to get the job done. 

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Fayette Ware? Yes

I think basketball is the key word here. Basketball program at FW , Bolivar and NS as well are always good. The majority of basketball players won’t step on a football field. So it puts these schools at a disadvantage from the get go IMO. 

Must admit that I did not see this one coming. I think this is a great hire for Northside. I remember when he coached at Bolivar and felt like he did a good job. He did have the fortune of having a 2 D1 caliber players on this squad so that certainly helped. I remember his teams being at least disciplined enough not to get a ton of pre snap penalties for stupid stuff. I wish him success. 

5 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I think basketball is the key word here. Basketball program at FW , Bolivar and NS as well are always good. The majority of basketball players won’t step on a football field. So it puts these schools at a disadvantage from the get go IMO. 

True! Again, I think he’ll be fine at North Side. The switch will help as he heads to a school with some sort of expectation. I didn’t watch FW last year, but just figured that he was good enough of a coach to send his team to the playoffs, regardless of the scarcity of talent that he made had to deal with.

The region that he is in now is a tough region. Playing against 3 pretty good teams, and will fight with Chester and South Side. It’ll be interesting to see!