North Side Head Coaching Job

SSHawks12

41 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

True! Again, I think he’ll be fine at North Side. The switch will help as he heads to a school with some sort of expectation. I didn’t watch FW last year, but just figured that he was good enough of a coach to send his team to the playoffs, regardless of the scarcity of talent that he made had to deal with.

The region that he is in now is a tough region. Playing against 3 pretty good teams, and will fight with Chester and South Side. It’ll be interesting to see! 

I truly believe NS will be in more capable hands with Lowe than Powell. I will be interested to see if can can change the culture around the football program first and foremost. If he can get a good strength and conditioning program going and a system in place things will improve. We all know kids will run through a brick wall for the right leader. But with the last coach I felt like he just had them running into the wall. No matter the talent you have , it’s a coaches job to set his players up for success. Get your skill players in space one on one and give them a chance to make a play. The extra coach IMO did not do that from the games I’ve watched.

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I truly believe NS will be in more capable hands with Lowe than Powell. I will be interested to see if can can change the culture around the football program first and foremost. If he can get a good strength and conditioning program going and a system in place things will improve. We all know kids will run through a brick wall for the right leader. But with the last coach I felt like he just had them running into the wall. No matter the talent you have , it’s a coaches job to set his players up for success. Get your skill players in space one on one and give them a chance to make a play. The extra coach IMO did not do that from the games I’ve watched.

Absolutely agree. The offense at North Side shouldn't be run, run, run, screen/bubble pass, then let throw a ball 30 yards down field randomly, run, run, run etc.. 

The players got bored with Powell. It was just "meh" and he didn't treat he colleges and game officials with proper respect.

30 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Absolutely agree. The offense at North Side shouldn't be run, run, run, screen/bubble pass, then let throw a ball 30 yards down field randomly, run, run, run etc.. 

The players got bored with Powell. It was just "meh" and he didn't treat he colleges and game officials with proper respect.

I agree with your last statement. For example, there were many times I came over trying to recruit talent and he didn’t give me the respect I deserved. Should have rolled out the red carpet. I’m BPM… put some respect on my name. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 11:34 AM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Of the Jackson publics it seems (from the outside looking in) NS is in the best position to achieve and sustain success. Well see how it works for them. It still blows my mind Jackson has never had a public school State Championship in football. 

How long has it been since a public school from Jackson, Tennessee won a state championship in mens basketball, baseball or track & field?

6 hours ago, cbg said:

How long has it been since a public school from Jackson, Tennessee won a state championship in mens basketball, baseball or track & field?

Last I can think of was Liberty in basketball about 07. They had some success in track and field too the year they lost to Alcoa in state but idk if they won or not