West vs ole Daniel Boone

Whs1984

Players are far more concerned with winning this game and who's the next man up than any locker room drama. As I mentioned before- no familiar faces are missing due to punishment so the team isn't giving it much thought.  I was told backup QB looking good at practice. I'm hoping West is assuming Boone will be one-dimensional and the Blazers come out and shock everyone.   

55 minutes ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Players are far more concerned with winning this game and who's the next man up than any locker room drama. As I mentioned before- no familiar faces are missing due to punishment so the team isn't giving it much thought.  I was told backup QB looking good at practice. I'm hoping West is assuming Boone will be one-dimensional and the Blazers come out and shock everyone.   

I'm sure West's athletes are well-aware of the football players Boone has on their roster.

2 hours ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Boone had a great run. And I’m pulling for the kids from Gray. And yes if they pull this one off it’ll be a Shock heard around the state. 

29 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Wish i could...dont get off work until 6 and im booking it to the game from the otherside of town.

Can't remember, does West have a lot of seating on the visitor side?      Thinking we can get to the stadium by 6:15.    No idea how many Boone fans are driving 100 miles to sit in the cold and watch a massac...    er, uh, watch the game

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I read they have three guys with at least 6 sacks and three guys with 4 interceptions?   How do they have those stats if they've only played half games?

ILB, their that good! My son coached at Central with Rosser and part of the back to back championships. This West team is better than the team Central beat in the semi's and to be honest, may be better than the Central teams. More athletes, quicker! Latham (RB) is the real deal, defense is very quick to the ball. Boone will struggle to move the ball!

12 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Can't remember, does West have a lot of seating on the visitor side?      Thinking we can get to the stadium by 6:15.    No idea how many Boone fans are driving 100 miles to sit in the cold and watch a massac...    er, uh, watch the game

Blazer, they have plenty of seating on the visitor's side.

28 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

ILB, their that good! My son coached at Central with Rosser and part of the back to back championships. This West team is better than the team Central beat in the semi's and to be honest, may be better than the Central teams. More athletes, quicker! Latham (RB) is the real deal, defense is very quick to the ball. Boone will struggle to move the ball!

Boone has struggled to move the ball off and on all season.    The bread-n-butter is for the defense to set up short fields.    Boone's offense is not terrible but I don't know, it's just like they can't have a complete game where there is consistency.

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Boone has struggled to move the ball off and on all season.    The bread-n-butter is for the defense to set up short fields.    Boone's offense is not terrible but I don't know, it's just like they can't have a complete game where there is consistency.

But they are really really good on defense.  No question about that.  Safe travels Blazer.  I know you mentioned an eatery earlier, but Dead End BBQ is right across from the school.  They have beef ribs on Fri. and Sat.  Mighty fine vittles

Edited by oridgecat

20 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Ya, we've heard you all year long. I believe the first post this year was something you heard from the coaches about the QB not being any good?  Boone's offense on the "struggle bus" is another of your famous quotes.   Jenkins is #8 for passing yards for Class 5A in the state. Aiden Riner is #16 for rushing and that's with missing 2 games.  Seems to me they move the ball just fine- and more than enough to have the best record the school has ever had.  Short fields have helped but it didn't stop them from getting the yards when they needed to. 

After this week no one is in the mood for anyone who doesn't believe in those boys. They may get stomped tonight but until the buzzer sounds true fans are going to bet on the blazers. 

Edited by NETNSportsFan
Took out name of the website

13 minutes ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Ya, we've heard you all year long. I believe the first post this year was something you heard from the coaches about the QB not being any good?  Boone's offense on the "struggle bus" is another of your famous quotes.   Jenkins is #8 for passing yards for Class 5A in the state. Aiden Riner is #16 for rushing and that's with missing 2 games.  Seems to me they move the ball just fine- and more than enough to have the best record the school has ever had.  Short fields have helped but it didn't stop them from getting the yards when they needed to. 

After this week no one is in the mood for anyone who doesn't believe in those boys. They may get stomped tonight but until the buzzer sounds true fans are going to bet on the blazers. 

For entertainment purposes only of course.  Just kidding, I know what you meant.  Safe travels to you NET