The Greene Devils travel to the Greatest Show on Earth

noonesfool

Well alot of field before us before this game. I think the Mavs will need review film then brainstorm what ifs and review more film if I were them. Greeneville solid showing they could beat DB by 1 point. The Mavs have an incredible passing game that just barley showed up tonight and I know they are kicking thereselvs. I seen Top Gun Martinez and he was not happy at all. The Mavs need to keep OL healthy and hungry. We all should know something about Greeneville and Mo. West, Betsy and DB. Mavs are playing at home. This is my Dream team! One week to go and we will know. I assume 99.9 percent are betting on Greeneville so the Mavs are the Underdog, to say the least.

So it begins 

[Insert pic of King Theoden]

AC has been resilient this year.  They have shown the ability to run or pass. They're thin on the line but still healthy.  Lots of weapons. I would have liked to see Andrew Meyer get a couple carries.  He's got a quick burst in contrast to Moog and Noe.  A good change up if you will. 

AC has struggled this year against a QB who can extend plays with his legs and deliver the ball.  That alone was what kept Elizabethton in this game. 

GV is tough.  The defense is solid this year.  What makes GV so hard to beat is that they have athletes everywhere.  There's really no weakness.  They might not be great in some areas but they ain't bad anywhere.  

The D line for AC played well tonight.  At one point Elizabethton had negative 10 yards rushing close to halftime.  Of course they made some adjustments and got some stuff going but overall AC won the line of scrimmage tonight pretty decidedly.  The LBs for AC also tackled down hill all night.  Props to them.  

GV will need to throw some.  Ac does a decent job getting to the qb but often doesn't finish.  Unless the qb is a statue that is.  

There's more but based on what I've seen I think GV is between 1-3 scores better than AC. AC will need a good start and to find something that works.  Can they duplicate the running game they had tonight?  If so,  it could be a ball game. 

AC will need to play mistake free ball and get a break or two to win IMO.

Lastly.  To those who say it's all for nothing of AC doesn't get a gold ball this year. That's your ego talking.  I don't tie my sense of self worth to what a bunch of HS kids do on Friday nights.  It's about competing. If you lose with full effort,  that's nothing to be ashamed of.  That's life.  Always try to be the best version of yourself you can be, no matter where that lands on a scale.  

Good luck to both teams.  I hope for a full effort clean game with no injuries.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FormerMav said:

So it begins 

[Insert pic of King Theoden]

AC has been resilient this year.  They have shown the ability to run or pass. They're thin on the line but still healthy.  Lots of weapons. I would have liked to see Andrew Meyer get a couple carries.  He's got a quick burst in contrast to Moog and Noe.  A good change up if you will. 

AC has struggled this year against a QB who can extend plays with his legs and deliver the ball.  That alone was what kept Elizabethton in this game. 

GV is tough.  The defense is solid this year.  What makes GV so hard to beat is that they have athletes everywhere.  There's really no weakness.  They might not be great in some areas but they ain't bad anywhere.  

The D line for AC played well tonight.  At one point Elizabethton had negative 10 yards rushing close to halftime.  Of course they made some adjustments and got some stuff going but overall AC won the line of scrimmage tonight pretty decidedly.  The LBs for AC also tackled down hill all night.  Props to them.  

GV will need to throw some.  Ac does a decent job getting to the qb but often doesn't finish.  Unless the qb is a statue that is.  

There's more but based on what I've seen I think GV is between 1-3 scores better than AC. AC will need a good start and to find something that works.  Can they duplicate the running game they had tonight?  If so,  it could be a ball game. 

AC will need to play mistake free ball and get a break or two to win IMO.

Lastly.  To those who say it's all for nothing of AC doesn't get a gold ball this year. That's your ego talking.  I don't tie my sense of self worth to what a bunch of HS kids do on Friday nights.  It's about competing. If you lose with full effort,  that's nothing to be ashamed of.  That's life.  Always try to be the best version of yourself you can be, no matter where that lands on a scale.  

Good luck to both teams.  I hope for a full effort clean game with no injuries.  

Agree with you FM, it’s NOT the “its all or nothing.” Mentality for the Mavs. Win or lose either team will have won a minimum of twelve games with a winner moving on. Region one and two combined for the toughest 3 teams in 4A as a triumvirate year end and year out. There will be disappointments next Friday, but not one young man will be a loser as an individual.

• Upvote 2

What a game next week! Biggest in the state of Tennessee as far as I am concerned. 2 Undefeated teams @ 12-0 pretty darn good records and pretty darn good played schedules. Sale out and more in Anderson County! Mavs can bring the house with that run/pass execution. They have the beef and perseverance. But it will take some homework. We seen a Betsy that Greeneville never seen. Much like last year's Betsy but in my opinion much better after the Tullahoma upset. Betsy was ready last night and Betsy had fight and passion much like some older Mav teams in the past. But the overall Mavs this year have talent and Beef and no other way to say it but it will be a dog fight. Mavs will clean up some stuff on defense and offense play there game plan based on Greenevilles style of play and be in good shape. Just takes homework and dedication just one more week. It won't be long now. Mavs have a good Saturday You Deserved it and back to the films on Sunday only one more week! Can't say it enough Just 1 more week and we get the opportunity to break the Greeneville Curse! And it would not be any fun if we broke the Greeneville Curse in a Greeneville off year.

Congratulations to the Mavs last night!

Go Mavs You Deserve It!

7 hours ago, FormerMav said:

Holy crap.  Just saw the stats from the GV vs Gibbs game. Gibbs had -17 rushing at the half and went 25 attempts for 3 yards in the game. 

Greeneville will be to much for AC. I hate to say Greeneville will end AC season Friday night . But dang AC sure impressed me with what they did with there offensive line this season. 

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well alot of field before us before this game. I think the Mavs will need review film then brainstorm what ifs and review more film if I were them. Greeneville solid showing they could beat DB by 1 point. The Mavs have an incredible passing game that just barley showed up tonight and I know they are kicking thereselvs. I seen Top Gun Martinez and he was not happy at all. The Mavs need to keep OL healthy and hungry. We all should know something about Greeneville and Mo. West, Betsy and DB. Mavs are playing at home. This is my Dream team! One week to go and we will know. I assume 99.9 percent are betting on Greeneville so the Mavs are the Underdog, to say the least.

Pretty sure you say every year that its your dream team

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

What a game next week! Biggest in the state of Tennessee as far as I am concerned. 2 Undefeated teams @ 12-0 pretty darn good records and pretty darn good played schedules. Sale out and more in Anderson County! Mavs can bring the house with that run/pass execution. They have the beef and perseverance. But it will take some homework. We seen a Betsy that Greeneville never seen. Much like last year's Betsy but in my opinion much better after the Tullahoma upset. Betsy was ready last night and Betsy had fight and passion much like some older Mav teams in the past. But the overall Mavs this year have talent and Beef and no other way to say it but it will be a dog fight. Mavs will clean up some stuff on defense and offense play there game plan based on Greenevilles style of play and be in good shape. Just takes homework and dedication just one more week. It won't be long now. Mavs have a good Saturday You Deserved it and back to the films on Sunday only one more week! Can't say it enough Just 1 more week and we get the opportunity to break the Greeneville Curse! And it would not be any fun if we broke the Greeneville Curse in a Greeneville off year.

Congratulations to the Mavs last night!

Go Mavs You Deserve It!

With AC vs Greenville and West vs Boone two best games in the state are in our area this weekend kind of amazing to have