Round 3 - Dyersburg visits Covington

CHARGERFAN

Another rematch of Region 7-3A teams. Covington has home-field advantage this year after playing both games at their place in 2021. The winner in round 3 will host the winner of the third round game between East Nashville and Smith County. 

Covington won the regular season game handily. I expect my Chargers to be favored in the rematch. However, D’burg has recorded a couple of impressive playoff wins in the first two games. Have they improved enough to challenge the Chargers?

19 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Another rematch of Region 7-3A teams. Covington has home-field advantage this year after playing both games at their place in 2021. The winner in round 3 will host the winner of the third round game between East Nashville and Smith County. 

Covington won the regular season game handily. I expect my Chargers to be favored in the rematch. However, D’burg has recorded a couple of impressive playoff wins in the first two games. Have they improved enough to challenge the Chargers?

Not this year

4 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Absolutely not! I see Covington having their way with Dyersburg

Here’s some interesting data. Covington’s defense has been pretty good against Region 7-3A opponents this season. Scores so far versus these opponents:

Millington 44-0

Ripley 42-7

Dyersburg 34-0

Bolivar 49-6

Bolton 63-6

Millington 42-0

That’s a total of 19 points given up in 6 games, or an average of 3.1. And, as I recall, a couple of the TDS the Chargers did give up were against our reserves late in the game. The Covington D is playing pretty well.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

17 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

I will say Dyersburg is healthier than they have been all year. Believe we had 6 starters out first time we played Covington 

This is an honest question. What has been the cause of dyersburgs injuries? I ask this because Milan seems to have several injuries also. Curious if it is related to the turf?

Lot of ankles couple knees don’t know if turf has anything to do with it 

17 minutes ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

This is an honest question. What has been the cause of dyersburgs injuries? I ask this because Milan seems to have several injuries also. Curious if it is related to the turf?

Lot of ankles couple knees don’t know if turf has anything to do with it