Fayetteville travels to McKenzie 11/18

RedRebelman

Well this is the matchup we've all been wanting to see. Better get here early as there will be standing room only. Hopefully it'll be a good, clean, injury-free game! Go Rebels!!! Tiger fans be sure to use 101 West Bell Ave in your GPS, & it'll take you to the visitors side.

Edited by RedRebelman
Grammar error.
  • Like 1

Both McKenzie and city both seemed to be in dog fights early with inferior teams in the 2nd rd, maybe sleepwalking a little knowing the game that awaited them this week. This one might be one of those that’s talked about on this site for the next decade or so. In Toss up games it comes down to 3 things (special teams, coaching, turnover battle) McKenzie may have the better coach, so Fayetteville will need to win those other 2 categories to have a chance. Tigers also have revenge on their mind from last year. I’ll take City 28-26. 

The Dresden game in my opinion, was the worst game I've seen the Tigers play all year. Penalties galore all night long. I'd really like to know if anyone has the stats, how many yards in penalties did the Tigers have in that game. I'd be willing to say easily more than 100 yards. This has been an issue for them all year. Some of their penalties are questionable at times but for the most part, are self-inflicted.  At times during that game, it was embarrassing and hard to watch with the action being continuously stopped to pick up the yellow handkerchiefs. The Tigers are going to have to play a much cleaner more discipline game against McKenzie if they plan to keep marching on.  Hopefully the coaching staff will have them better prepared for the game this week.

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

People last night were already talking about getting to the stadium around 4:30 to secure seats. 
 Going to be epic!

If this game was at Fayetteville I would attend. Good luck to both teams. I know what McKenzie has from last year. Scary looking ball team. I watched Fayetteville dismantle a Red Bank team that’s still in the 3A playoffs. They are scary.

Should be a dandy.