Fayetteville travels to McKenzie 11/18

RedRebelman

Congrats to two great teams. What a game. PowerP and me watched it. It was like the old time heavyweight boxing with Frazier, Clay, and Foreman back in the days. Both teams got up off the deck, but MC was just able to get up one more time and answer the bell. . There was a reason this was 1vs2. I see a few wanting to disrespect some things in the game, but as a bystander, I thought it was a very good game and the refs did a good job, not great,. As always they do and did miss some calls, but there's 48 minutes in the game, so hopefully during that one bad call that's missed maybe you can make up for it. FC had there chance to win the game. All you have to do it stop them on that last drive. Not the OC fault for that.  Believe me, we SP people know what it is to lose on the last few seconds of the game when we were leading Union City in the State championship game and we let them march down the field and beat us by a FG with no time left. It hurt's, but as always, try to have some class ether way. MC and there fans deserved to be excited. I thought both teams last night  had class the whole game.  I still believe that was the championship game, unless my powerp boys from Peabody show up and have something to say about it. 

2 observations. FC was able to run rather consistently after that disastrous opening 3 possessions. Poor play calling and execution. Any thought of putting 5 in to start with? He should have had a spot in the backfield all season. McKenzie won by passing the ball successfully and limiting penalties. FC had 11 penalties for over 100yrds and only passed for 61. Your not going to beat a very good team with those numbers. Seems the QB threw an awful lot of passes short or behind the receivers. Poor coaching and execution was the difference tonight. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Casualuser said:

Mckenzie is a very classless team. Never seen a whole team rush the field and start waving goodbye and screaming at the players and fans in my life. That was an  exceptionally crass thing and really shows the maturity level of the teams and really the coaches. What kind of school can condone that behavior. They played a heck of a game, but very disappointing in their temperament and actions. Mckenzie seems to be producing a group of loutish, uncivilized little boys. 

Come on they are teenagers…don’t be salty! It was a war that I enjoyed watching! If the FG was no good I’m guessing city would have just loaded on the bus?…yea didn’t think so! Congrats to both teams 

4 minutes ago, sportman said:

Congrats to two great teams. What a game. PowerP and me watched it. It was like the old time heavyweight boxing with Frazier, Clay, and Foreman back in the days. Both teams got up off the deck, but MC was just able to get up one more time and answer the bell. . There was a reason this was 1vs2. I see a few wanting to disrespect some things in the game, but as a bystander, I thought it was a very good game and the refs did a good job, not great,. As always they do and did miss some calls, but there's 48 minutes in the game, so hopefully during that one bad call that's missed maybe you can make up for it. FC had there chance to win the game. All you have to do it stop them on that last drive. Not the OC fault for that.  Believe me, we SP people know what it is to lose on the last few seconds of the game when we were leading Union City in the State championship game and we let them march down the field and beat us by a FG with no time left. It hurt's, but as always, try to have some class ether way. MC and there fans deserved to be excited. I thought both teams last night  had class the whole game.  I still believe that was the championship game, unless my powerp boys from Peabody show up and have something to say about it. 

Well, I thought Peabody won last night, wow I'm really behind, so lets reverse and say if Mase shows up. 

7 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

2 observations. FC was able to run rather consistently after that disastrous opening 3 possessions. Poor play calling and execution. Any thought of putting 5 in to start with? He should have had a spot in the backfield all season. McKenzie won by passing the ball successfully and limiting penalties. FC had 11 penalties for over 100yrds and only passed for 61. Your not going to beat a very good team with those numbers. Seems the QB threw an awful lot of passes short or behind the receivers. Poor coaching and execution was the difference tonight. 

Such poor coaching to make the adjustments to come back from a 14 point deficit to a really good team. If he’s a poor coach, I’d hate to hear what you think of some of the other ones around. The team who played the better game won, and sometimes that’s just the way the news goes. 

47 minutes ago, LCFayettevilleAlum said:

Man that flag was thrown before they called timeout

12 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

It's interesting you mentioned this. I was listening on the radio and even they made it sound like the flag was out before the timeout was called. Definitely a game changer. 

Was McKenzie on defense? If so then I don't think it's a penalty until the ball is snapped.

3 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Was McKenzie on defense? If so then I don't think it's a penalty until the ball is snapped.

2 minutes ago, sportman said:

Yes they were on D and had just came out of a TO, so I don't know if the ball was already set or not. 

That was actually my first thought since I didn't get to see it. Was the ball made ready for play? And if McKenzie had 20 folks out there scrambling between punt return coming on and defense going off as the broadcasters stated, why didn't the Tigers try to snap it??