Fayetteville travels to McKenzie 11/18

RedRebelman

Difference in the game was the failure of not converting any of their 2 point conversions that had been a strong point for Fayetteville this year.   

This is where I thought the game would meet the road.  

Those were big time stops after each TD. 

Some say why not kick?  Why, when you haven't kicked all year?  At least not in any of the games I attended.  Why,  when that's most likely less than 100% of the time & going for 2 has most likely succeeded? 

Just a very good evenly matched game that had no room for errors.

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Difference in the game was the failure of not converting any of their 2 point conversions that had been a strong point for Fayetteville this year.   

This is where I thought the game would meet the road.  

Those were big time stops after each TD. 

Some say why not kick?  Why, when you haven't kicked all year?  At least not in any of the games I attended.  Why,  when that's most likely less than 100% of the time & going for 2 has most likely succeeded? 

Just a very good evenly matched game that had no room for errors.

You’re Correct Now. And You Were Correct Before The Game. Fayetteville wins or loses on their ability to convert the 2pt pt play. 
Do you happen to have next weeks powerball numbers laying around somewhere?

15 hours ago, Robby5 said:

Props to number 2 from mckenzie, I seen him going from player to player on city’s team picking them up and hugging them, seems like a really good kid and a good sport.

Like the other McKenzie poster @VOLnWTN said, he is an outstanding young man. He's our best run or pass defender at CB, at least in my mind. I don't know if we'd be here without him! He works at DQ, we talk X's and O's when I'm in there.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:19 AM, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m pulling for City. No doubt. And i agree with everything you said. I’m just keeping it real until i see City play with discipline and the coaching staff get their act together. City has the talent for a Gold Ball. I think they need a complete game to win this one on the road. I hope I’m wrong but I’ve not seen them play up to their potential all year. Maybe they pull it all together Friday. Should be a great game. I’m hoping i can locate a live stream and watch. Fingers Crossed 

Pulled this one from page 7

Lots of folks are complaining about penalties and play calling costing FC the game, but it seems like that's just who they have been all season. When playing inferior competition, you can call plays and have your studs make it work out. Same for discipline...get 20 flags thrown and still win. Just (please) don't make it seem as if the game was lost by out of character offensive scheme, substitutions, or an abnormal number of calls going against them. It was a great game that came down to the wire between the (consensus) two best 1A teams in the state...one had to lose, and as usual it was the one who made the most mistakes.

46 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Pulled this one from page 7

Lots of folks are complaining about penalties and play calling costing FC the game, but it seems like that's just who they have been all season. When playing inferior competition, you can call plays and have your studs make it work out. Same for discipline...get 20 flags thrown and still win. Just (please) don't make it seem as if the game was lost by out of character offensive scheme, substitutions, or an abnormal number of calls going against them. It was a great game that came down to the wire between the (consensus) two best 1A teams in the state...one had to lose, and as usual it was the one who made the most mistakes.

Completely Agree. 

On 11/18/2022 at 9:38 PM, Casualuser said:

Mckenzie is a very classless team. Never seen a whole team rush the field and start waving goodbye and screaming at the players and fans in my life. That was an  exceptionally crass thing and really shows the maturity level of the teams and really the coaches. What kind of school can condone that behavior. They played a heck of a game, but very disappointing in their temperament and actions. Mckenzie seems to be producing a group of loutish, uncivilized little boys. 

I want to see a clip of that.  Everybody has a camera on there phone these days so if you cannot produce a film clip of that then it didn't happen.  

4 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

I want to see a clip of that.  Everybody has a camera on their phone these days so if you cannot produce a film clip of that then it didn't happen.  

Go check out the very last clip of the game on hudl, watch the endzone view clip and watch midfield, kids waving everywhere. Just FYI

On 11/20/2022 at 8:21 PM, Robby5 said:

Go check out the very last clip of the game on hudl, watch the endzone view clip and watch midfield, kids waving everywhere. Just FYI

I’d be a shame if the Refs missed that call and it caused FC to Punt. However they had a chance for a stop and didn’t get it done. It’s all about making Plays. Congrats to McKenzie they made Plays when it counted.