Gordonsville @ Clay Co Part 2. THE REMATCH

TheBlueprint

My assessment of the game tonight:

Getting the first stop and subsequent 80 yard score was huge for Clay! Gordonsville is very hard to handle when they can grind the game out on the ground, while mixing in the deep ball as you sell out to stop the run. Quite frankly, the game was over after the muffed punt. From that point, Gordonsville had to start trying to force the ball downfield. Clay’s secondary was strong enough to win one on ones with Gordonsville’s wide receivers and then let their line tee off on the QB. While I believe the Bulldogs were the superior team, Gordonsville definitely looked like they were emotionally spent from last week at South Pitt. Definitely been fun watching these two groups of seniors battle it out the last four years. Hats off to the Tigers, especially #3 and #5 as both of them showed a lot of toughness tonight through trying to battle through injury or standing in the pocket against Clay’s defensive line. 

Well we beat Gordy twice this year definitely a year to remember. Hoping we can stay focused on Coalfield and not let this one linger in our heads. Coached almost all these kids on this team through middle school and glad to see this group of seniors finally breakthrough and beat the Tigers. I’ve always said I don’t like ‘em but I respect the Tigers. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmycroc said:

Well we beat Gordy twice this year definitely a year to remember. Hoping we can stay focused on Coalfield and not let this one linger in our heads. Coached almost all these kids on this team through middle school and glad to see this group of seniors finally breakthrough and beat the Tigers. I’ve always said I don’t like ‘em but I respect the Tigers. 

Let me ask you a question.  Did you see Croz tonight? I bet he came into that stadium like a banty rooster .He was real cocky last week when he came to griders stadium. You think im joking but im not.

25 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question.  Did you see Croz tonight? I bet he came into that stadium like a banty rooster .He was real cocky last week when he came to griders stadium. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, I was standing with Croz during the first half. He was not being to cocky tonight. His little girl got sick and he had to head home before the end of the first half. He didn't miss anything, that is for sure. 

Impressive win Clay! I figured whoever won the regular season game would have the upper hand in the East. Figured it would’ve been against South Pitt but all the same. Looks like Gordonsville was still celebrating last weeks victory. Clay better buckle their chin straps in 2 weeks. The West will bring something Clay hasn’t seen this year. I’m just keeping it real 

13 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Impressive win Clay! I figured whoever won the regular season game would have the upper hand in the East. Figured it would’ve been against South Pitt but all the same. Looks like Gordonsville was still celebrating last weeks victory. Clay better buckle their chin straps in 2 weeks. The West will bring something Clay hasn’t seen this year. I’m just keeping it real 

No question McKenzie or MASE will be a handful. However, anything can happen in a given 48 minute timeframe. If Clay plays like they did last night and someone can beat them, I'll be the first to sing their praises. They certainly proved they can have a puncher's chance. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, Boarhog said:

One thing that needs to change this time around for another Clay victory is a better run game.  I was very impressed with the Tiger defensive front.  They held our power runners to 79 yards on 27 carries.  That’s good defense.  The Dawgs need to improve in that area this time around.

This time around it was 20 carries for 253 (10 for 41, 10 for 212) and 3 TDs each

On 11/19/2022 at 12:24 AM, Roy Dillard said:

I wouldn’t know Croz in a police lineup of one. He can get in here and crow all he wants and if he was there thanks for the $10, I just don’t hold grudges over fans being fans.