Trenton Peabody @ Mase

WestTnFootball13

On 11/15/2022 at 12:59 AM, LilSwo said:

When's the last time a 1-3A Memphis team won state?

I can only think of Trezevant in 2015/2016 (who was somehow 2A despite being 4A in 2014 and 3A in 2017)

No disrespect towards Memphis schools, but until they show they can regularly compete with the rest of the state at the 1-3A level, I'm gonna pick against them come playoff time.

Peabody 35-21

Trezvant cheated

Game Day! Been waiting all week for tonight. This Chicago boy loves this weather. This is true football weather. My son even told me, would it not be awesome dad if it starts snowing during the game. I had to then tell him about the greatest football team to ever lace them up and what happened in the NFC Championship with the '85 Bears. After the Bears took control of the LA Rams and Eric Dickerson in the second half it began to snow and a sold out Soldier Field went absolutely insane. This game of football is awesome and I hope it does begin to snow the second half tonight. It is going to be an awesome night of football. Roll Tide!!!

53 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Whats the keys to victory tonight? Who moves on to thanksgiving week and why? Peabody? MASE? 

Special Teams. Peabody always has a strong special teams unit in games like this. I am calling at least one blocked punt if MASE even tries to punt. In games like this little things matter and from what I have seen Peabody has a HUGE advantage in the special teams department. Most people do not pay attention to this area because they are so enamored with a teams defense or offense, but as farther you go in the playoffs special teams play a more important role in the games. 

Just now, thunderbolts said:

Special Teams. Peabody always has a strong special teams unit in games like this. I am calling at least one blocked punt if MASE even tries to punt. In games like this little things matter and from what I have seen Peabody has a HUGE advantage in the special teams department. Most people do not pay attention to this area because they are so enamored with a teams defense or offense, but as farther you go in the playoffs special teams play a more important role in the games. 

In saying this, special teams cost us last year against McKenzie. We had a muffed punt and tried a fake punt at McKenzie's 16 last year. Those two plays definitely played a huge factor in the outcome of that game and is very uncharacteristic of the Peabody football team. Going to be fun tonight. ROLL TIDE!

28 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Special teams if you think MASE doesn’t practice special teams you are not correct sir!

They will be ready Coach Miller has played Peabody twice in 2018 and 2019 I promise he knows what to expect out of Peabody sir!

Great day and night for football!!

2 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Special teams if you think MASE doesn’t practice special teams you are not correct sir!

They will be ready Coach Miller has played Peabody twice in 2018 and 2019 I promise he knows what to expect out of Peabody sir!

Great day and night for football!!

I don't think he was saying MASE doesn't practice special teams. In fact, I think he was saying the teams are so evenly matched defensively and offensively that it's going to come down to the difference in special teams

• Like 1