Round 3 Wildcat Universe at Knoxville Powell

OR in the upset! Powell recently barely beat Lenoir City and OR was missing 34 starters when we lost to Powell earlier in the season. In all seriousness, I wouldn't put too much stock in the OR one point win over an average McMinn County team, nor would I read too much into a Powell massacre over a weak Walker Valley team. OR wins this game 28 - 21 and will host West next Friday night! RWR!!!

27 minutes ago, catswild said:

OR in the upset! Powell recently barely beat Lenoir City and OR was missing 34 starters when we lost to Powell earlier in the season. In all seriousness, I wouldn't put too much stock in the OR one point win over an average McMinn County team, nor would I read too much into a Powell massacre over a weak Walker Valley team. OR wins this game 28 - 21 and will host West next Friday night! RWR!!!

The pessimist gripes about the headwind.

The optimist is sure that the wind will change direction soon.

The realist simply adjusts his sails to make the most of his situation.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:19 PM, Whs1984 said:

Only way I see Powell losing this one is if the weather is really nasty to slow their passing attack or coach Lowe tells them he's leaving for Catholic 

I think weather is going to play a bigger role in this than folks would like. Highs in the low 40's Friday, 30's at game time. Gonna make it hard to grip, throw and catch the ball. Anyone who played the game and had the pleasure of standing on a sideline in 30 degree weather waiting for your turn to go in knows how hard it is to stay warm. Team that can run it the best should have the advantage.

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

I think weather is going to play a bigger role in this than folks would like. Highs in the low 40's Friday, 30's at game time. Gonna make it hard to grip, throw and catch the ball. Anyone who played the game and had the pleasure of standing on a sideline in 30 degree weather waiting for your turn to go in knows how hard it is to stay warm. Team that can run it the best should have the advantage.

Great point. First real cold weather that these kids have seen this fall too. Certainly could benefit a team like OR as opposed to Powell.

6 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

True, my friend,  but it's going to be cold for both teams.