Round 3 Wildcat Universe at Knoxville Powell

2 hours ago, HTV said:

I was told that Coach Cummings told Dave Clary on the coaches show that Powell and Oak Ridge will play non region the next 2 years under the new region alignment. 

Great move, IMO. That's become a good rivalry and yields good gates at both venues. Glad to see that game continue to happen regular season. 

Glad these teams will still play each other...iron sharpens iron.

I believe West renewed the series with both Alcoa and Maryville, as well as Farragut and Bearden. Those teams along with Powell are setting up for a tough schedule.

• Like 2

Just now, WestHigh4Life said:

Glad these teams will still play each other...iron sharpens iron.

I believe West renewed the series with both Alcoa and Maryville, as well as Farragut and Bearden. Those teams along with Powell are setting up for a tough schedule.

Other than Oak Ridge I am not sure who Powell is playing non region for the next two years.  I'm not close enough to any of the program insiders there to ask any longer.  

25 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Be interesting who Coach Cummings get us to play next year besides Powell out of region. That region we’re gonna be in is weak as water. Of course Farragut will be on there as our traditional rival, I assume.

Yep, keep FHS and DB, not sure about Bearden.  Definitely not Greeneville.  I'm hoping to add AC,  I think they are open to it.  

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Yep, keep FHS and DB, not sure about Bearden.  Definitely not Greeneville.  I'm hoping to add AC,  I think they are open to it.  

Honestly, I wish we would drop DB, although I do understand the reason for playing it, it being a traditional thing, etc. That drive just sucks for us who have early as he$& mornings to get up. I’d rather us play Maryville or West, to be honest.

16 minutes ago, orangeandwhite said:

Haven’t seen Powell this year but after watching OR they didn’t impress me too much earlier in the season. I know they have gotten better so I guess we will see tonight. My pick….                       Powell-35                                                        OR-17 

Sounds about right. Definitely hope we win, but with how we self destruct and have throughout the year, I don’t see that changing tonight. You kinda are what you are at this point. If they prove me wrong (and hopefully they will), I’ll be the first to come on here and say how wrong I was, and eat my crow. Whatever happens, I’m proud of our guys, regardless of the final outcome.

Edited by SweetScience