Oak Ridge Wildcats 22 - 23

boyfromsi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Super exciting game tonight against West, even though there wasn’t much scoring. There was some serious defense being played out there by both teams tonight, and both teams laid it all on the line. Ray Ray Watson by the time he’s a senior will be All State for Oak Ridge. You heard it here first. Really good win against a solid West team. Big game versus Karns Tuesday night. Karns is very talented. Should be a doozy.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:37 PM, SweetScience said:

Super exciting game tonight against West, even though there wasn’t much scoring. There was some serious defense being played out there by both teams tonight, and both teams laid it all on the line. Ray Ray Watson by the time he’s a senior will be All State for Oak Ridge. You heard it here first. Really good win against a solid West team. Big game versus Karns Tuesday night. Karns is very talented. Should be a doozy.

Karns really blew this game. That #11 getting a technical at that time was a game loser. OR hit like 8-9 FTs in the last couple of minutes and as always Ray gets to the hoop at will when he wants.

Karns is a really talented team, they just messed around and gave that one away, IMO. That huge guy is a sight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ipb7 said:

Karns really blew this game. That #11 getting a technical at that time was a game loser. OR hit like 8-9 FTs in the last couple of minutes and as always Ray gets to the hoop at will when he wants.

Karns is a really talented team, they just messed around and gave that one away, IMO. That huge guy is a sight.

Oak Ridge needs to start the game faster. They continually get behind in the first quarter and have been able to recover so far. The development of #11 (Ray) has significantly improved the offense since Christmas break. Offense is much more potent with a point guard that can face up and drive around defender. 

Any idea what has happened to #35 (Comer)? Hasn't played since first Karns game.

Karns isn't going away. Very talented team. They will be in the district finals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vfl3382 said:

Oak Ridge needs to start the game faster. They continually get behind in the first quarter and have been able to recover so far. The development of #11 (Ray) has significantly improved the offense since Christmas break. Offense is much more potent with a point guard that can face up and drive around defender. 

Any idea what has happened to #35 (Comer)? Hasn't played since first Karns game.

Karns isn't going away. Very talented team. They will be in the district finals.

Ray Ray has improved so much and got this team back on track with Scott out.Scott has kinda of been in a slump since the injury but as he gets back to normal we should get even better.Add that in with an improved Ray Ray and we could make a decent run a State.Comer is dealing with lingering injury that hopefully gets right soon but its up in air right now.We really need him back vs the best teams

On 1/27/2023 at 11:37 PM, SweetScience said:

Ray Ray and Big Coop gonna be a problem the next 2 years.Great PG-big man combo.Big Coop has already got a lot better this yr.OaK Ridge could have some really good teams the next 2 years.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:18 PM, vfl3382 said:

Karns is real good. West is tough, too. Comer got a bad concussion and apparently is done.

On 2/2/2023 at 2:22 AM, SweetScience said:

And the other tall Center, too. He’s improved leaps and bounds.

Shamar Green. Never played BB until last year, he's rapidly improving. He and Cooper Williams are going to be a heck of a low post combo next 2 seasons.