2022 - 2023 Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat Basketball

boyfromsi

Dropped a tough one to York tonight 55-47.  We pretty much imploded while Reese Beaty (remember that name), a sophomore with quite a few D-1 offers, took over the game.  We have some things to figure out as the season gets going, namely, who is going to take over the scoring load from Clark.  York had a great comeback as they were down 11 midway through the 3rd quarter.  We can be very good, but have to find a way to score more consistently.

Edited by boyfromsi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight will be my first time to see the Lady Wildcats play this season on Clary's Prep Radio. Last week, I totaled my car in a single car crash after passing out with a Blood Sugar level of 35 and running into a ditch. They say I suffered some brain injury but I don't feel any different than before. 

I love this team and think they will be deadly by the time of the Tournaments. I have become a big Johnson fan and think she can soon be compared to former Lady Cat Jennifer Wilson..

Best wishes to the team, coaches, family ( Momma Johnson ), students, fans, and Coach T members. Oh, you all missed my 59th birthday last week. I got a signed # 85 black Bengal Jersey for my big gift. My wife is so good to me.

RWR! 

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Lady Wildcats lost tonight. Not sure what I saw. I know the season is young and the team is even younger. I think David said one senior, a couple Juniors and the rest are sophomores or freshmen.

Keep grinding and things will work out.      RWR!

Oak Ridge has a Thursday game at Alcoa. Should be an indicator early in the season for both teams. Good Luck!

5 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Oak Ridge has a Thursday game at Alcoa. Should be an indicator early in the season for both teams. Good Luck!

They are playing the defense to keep themselves in games.  Just need to do a better job of taking care of the basketball and finding more consistent scoring.  Alcoa is a huge test.

3 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

They are playing the defense to keep themselves in games.  Just need to do a better job of taking care of the basketball and finding more consistent scoring.  Alcoa is a huge test.

Alcoa's starting guards are tough. The team is big inside, too. You'll need to bring your A Defense to Alcoa.

Both teams will play in Greeneville for the Ladies Classic this year. Looking forward to some great basketball. Oak Ridge saves its best for that tournament. Good Luck!

On 11/28/2022 at 5:44 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Tonight will be my first time to see the Lady Wildcats play this season on Clary's Prep Radio. Last week, I totaled my car in a single car crash after passing out with a Blood Sugar level of 35 and running into a ditch. They say I suffered some brain injury but I don't feel any different than before. 

I love this team and think they will be deadly by the time of the Tournaments. I have become a big Johnson fan and think she can soon be compared to former Lady Cat Jennifer Wilson..

Best wishes to the team, coaches, family ( Momma Johnson ), students, fans, and Coach T members. Oh, you all missed my 59th birthday last week. I got a signed # 85 black Bengal Jersey for my big gift. My wife is so good to me.

RWR! 

Boy low blood sugar ani't nothing to mess with, sometimes Becky (Momma Bounder) will go grocery shopping with me, and about half way through she will stay we need to hurry my sugar is low, I guess I didn't't eat enough before we left . So we run home get her sugar up with a regular coke and I go back to the store to finish shopping. Have trouble getting her insulin right at bedtime, she woke one nite and said her sugar was 35, she couldn't function.I mean walk, talk, comprehend. Scary stuff. So you get a hold on that stuff. I got enough to worry up to Oak Ridge. I'd come a running if you called though.

Now back to business the Lady Cats are freshman and sophomores except for a very few and only one senior. Keep this a secret so none of the other teams hears about  it. haha

On 12/2/2022 at 10:30 AM, SweetScience said:

What’s up with the Lady Cats? They’ve regressed since last year when they were all freshmen, so the whole Sophomore thing is not a good excuse. They’ve literally gotten worse. I’m afraid some internal things may be going on we aren’t aware of. Hope you feel better, Bounder.

I didn't want to say it myself but I agree with you Sweet. 

I am going to keep hope alive and still think we will be a very tough out in the Tournaments. In fact I am going to believe we can win State with a lot of hard work.

WE MUST NOT FORGET THAT TENNESSEE GIRLS BASKETBALL IS SOME OF THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE USA & IT IS STILL JUST EARLY DECEMBER. NO STATE TITLES ARE WON ON DECEMBER 5.

GO LADY WILDCATS!  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I didn't want to say it myself but I agree with you Sweet. 

I am going to keep hope alive and still think we will be a very tough out in the Tournaments. In fact I am going to believe we can win State with a lot of hard work.

WE MUST NOT FORGET THAT TENNESSEE GIRLS BASKETBALL IS SOME OF THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE USA & IT IS STILL JUST EARLY DECEMBER. NO STATE TITLES ARE WON ON DECEMBER 5.

GO LADY WILDCATS!  

Hey, nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. I expected this team to be really good after being as good as they were as freshmen last season. Something just isn’t right, and I can’t put my finger on it, but like I was saying, if I had to guess I would venture to say it’s something internal, just don’t know what. Another thing they lack is size in a big way. The teams I’ve seen us play so far have just towered over our girls. That’s a hard thing to overcome in this game. Hopefully they can get it turned around, but so far I’ve been mystified as a fan.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:30 AM, SweetScience said:

What’s up with the Lady Cats? They’ve regressed since last year when they were all freshmen, so the whole Sophomore thing is not a good excuse. They’ve literally gotten worse. I’m afraid some internal things may be going on we aren’t aware of. Hope you feel better, Bounder.

I've touched on it.  I'll get specific:  1) They miss Clark a lot right now.  Semaj was good for 15 pts/game and no one has filled that gap. 2) Not have the other Porter is hurting. Hopefully we'll see her soon and her knee will heal well. 3)  This group is not good at shooting outside and teams have figured it out.  We are seeing a lot of zone and have not handled it well.  We could stand to be more patient in our offense and put ourselves in the position for better shots.  4) We have had a lot out sick pretty much the whole season, which has messed with the team being able to practice together.

I still think we will be ok, but will take our lumps early.  The schedule before and during Christmas is brutal.

• Like 1