Class A Favorites and Sleepers

RexKwonDo

13 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I think Mckenzie will be the front runner from the West and probably the State as a matter of fact. They lost a couple players, but have a good core back to help Davis out. She's a beast on the court and will be hard to handle if a team plays man-to-man defense. 

McKenzie will definitely be battle tested I took a look at their non district schedule and they play

Westview/ Henry Co twice/ Gibson Co twice/ Southside twice/Huntingdon twice/USJ/ MidTNChrist.

16 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

McKenzie defeated Greenfield tonight 65 to 39.

I noticed that Greenfield has a "Gold Ball" in their team photograph from 2020 in their gym.  Wasn't that the Covid year and the final 4 games of the state tourney cancelled? 

Hopefully, someone photoshopped that ball in there. If not, that's pretty funny (and narcisstic) to "self-claim" yourself champs. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

23 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I noticed that Greenfield has a "Gold Ball" in their team photograph from 2020 in their gym.  Wasn't that the Covid year and the final 4 games of the state tourney cancelled? 

Hopefully, someone photoshopped that ball in there. If not, that's pretty funny (and narcisstic) to "self-claim" yourself champs. 

I think they won it in 2019 so that may be the ball in it.

5 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I'm pretty sure they won in 2018 and 2020 was the year that they were undefeated and they cancelled the tourney after the quarterfinals. It's not a big deal, but it's funny as heck and kind of sad. They probably put the 2018 Gold Ball in front of their 2020 team picture. Loretto was still in that tourney that year......it's kind of premature to think they would've beat them again, especially after the way Loretto handled them the year before. 

7 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I'm pretty sure they won in 2018 and 2020 was the year that they were undefeated and they cancelled the tourney after the quarterfinals. It's not a big deal, but it's funny as heck and kind of sad. They probably put the 2018 Gold Ball in front of their 2020 team picture. Loretto was still in that tourney that year......it's kind of premature to think they would've beat them again, especially after the way Loretto handled them the year before. 

Gibson County won it in 2019. Greenfield won it 2018. Gibson County, Greenfield, Loretto and Clarkrange were left in 2020 when they cancelled. My neice’s senior year. Will never forget it. Westview won’t forget it either. They were going to play Upperman. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County won it in 2019. Greenfield won it 2018. Gibson County, Greenfield, Loretto and Clarkrange were left in 2020 when they cancelled. My neice’s senior year. Will never forget it. Westview won’t forget it either. They were going to play Upperman. 

Wayne Co playing Summertown tonight - get idea on both teams - should be goodun 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Does Gibson County have a "fake" Gold Ball in their team photo for that year too? lol. Just kidding. 

4 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Does Gibson County have a "fake" Gold Ball in their team photo for that year too? lol. Just kidding. 

Wilkins ain’t going to play that business, lol. We got a banner that says State Finalist and a picture on the wall that says the same thing. I do think TSSAA should have at least acknowledged all the teams left by calling us at least a Covid Finalist. Larry White of Macon County wore a jacket that said 2020 State Co-Champions and I think they made a banner that said that as well. Wilkins did tell our girls after the 2020 season at our banquet that that team was only one of two teams in history that won their last game two years in a row.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

I went over and watched Wayne Co/Summertown.  Wayne Co is good - a lot of length, shoot it well, well coached.  They have a legitimate chance to win a state title.  Summertown is solid - played Wayne Co close despite foul trouble all night.  Summertown should cruise to a substate game matchup with Westview or Gibson Co