Class A Favorites and Sleepers

RexKwonDo

6 hours ago, maddams said:

I went over and watched Wayne Co/Summertown.  Wayne Co is good - a lot of length, shoot it well, well coached.  They have a legitimate chance to win a state title.  Summertown is solid - played Wayne Co close despite foul trouble all night.  Summertown should cruise to a substate game matchup with Westview or Gibson Co

Huntingdon is good too. Westview and Gibson County both will have to play against them I will assure you.

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Our girl Ansley played about 2 minutes in 1st half - 2 quick fouls - Summertown probably not beat  good team without her 

She has to learn to handle faceguarding. Great player. My nece had to deal with it as welll at Gibson County. Can be frustrating. She will probably get better with it as the year goes on. 

On 11/16/2022 at 12:47 PM, LetsGoBrandon said:

I noticed that Greenfield has a "Gold Ball" in their team photograph from 2020 in their gym.  Wasn't that the Covid year and the final 4 games of the state tourney cancelled? 

Hopefully, someone photoshopped that ball in there. If not, that's pretty funny (and narcisstic) to "self-claim" yourself champs. 

Huntingdon played greenfield on Saturday. The gold ball you are referring to has Perfect Season on the engraving. It’s in their trophy case. It looks like the championship gold ball except it isn’t slick. It has small dimples like a regular ball.

Huntingdon girls won big. Don’t remember the final, but it was never close. 

Edited by Waker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Monday games of interest 

McKenzie 82 Huntingdon 58

Dresden 53  Peabody 47

McKenzie played an awesome game against my Fillies last night. I don't know if anybody in the state could have beaten them! They shoot the 3 better than anyone I've seen. Davis is really good and the older Reynolds girl may be just as good. I saw Wayne Co play Summertown and was very impressed, but McKenzie is just on another level. Among the best single A teams I've ever seen.

14 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

McKenzie played an awesome game against my Fillies last night. I don't know if anybody in the state could have beaten them! They shoot the 3 better than anyone I've seen. Davis is really good and the older Reynolds girl may be just as good. I saw Wayne Co play Summertown and was very impressed, but McKenzie is just on another level. Among the best single A teams I've ever seen.

We played Wayne County this summer and they didn’t handle ball pressure well at all much like last years game at McKenzie. They lost a couple I believe from last years team, but that will tell the tale how far they go. How well can they handle the ball?? If they do they will be really tough. McKenzie is just great and a phenomenal basketball team. I would keep an eye on Clarkrange, Pickett County and Clay County’s Region as well. McKenzie definitely the favorite.