Tomcat nation it's our time, what y'all think

shawboy

33 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Would last year count as recent??

If you want to count Tullahoma as West Tn is guess you could say he is wrong.  It did take them 2 OT's to win against Betsy and the East when they drubbed Haywood in the Semi's and completely shut them down in the 2nd half.

12 hours ago, Swipes said:

If you want to count Tullahoma as West Tn is guess you could say he is wrong.  It did take them 2 OT's to win against Betsy and the East when they drubbed Haywood in the Semi's and completely shut them down in the 2nd half.

I’m just talking about the east side of the bracket vs the west side. For so long the East has been light years ahead of the west. I think that gap closed last year. This Haywood team reminds me a lot of last years Tullahoma team. Tullahoma was 11-1 the year before last and brought back a ton. This Haywood team was 12-1 and brought back a ton. They also had a big addition in the coaching department with the addition of Josh Puckett. He was the head coach at Lake Co when they won the 1A championship in 2019. He is now Haywood’s line coach and has those boys right in the trenches. I ain’t saying they will win the gold ball but this is the best team I can remember Haywood fielding in a VERY long time. 

22 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m just talking about the east side of the bracket vs the west side. For so long the East has been light years ahead of the west. I think that gap closed last year. This Haywood team reminds me a lot of last years Tullahoma team. Tullahoma was 11-1 the year before last and brought back a ton. This Haywood team was 12-1 and brought back a ton. They also had a big addition in the coaching department with the addition of Josh Puckett. He was the head coach at Lake Co when they won the 1A championship in 2019. He is now Haywood’s line coach and has those boys right in the trenches. I ain’t saying they will win the gold ball but this is the best team I can remember Haywood fielding in a VERY long time. 

I agree with everything stated! This team is definitely different! Whoever plays Haywood better bring their A-game!  

I wanted my Chargers to beat Haywood, but it didn’t happen this year. Haywood is really good, and I’m pulling for the Tomcats to go all the way to the Choo Choo city and come home with that Gold Ball.

If I  walk out my back door and keep going 200 yards, I end up in Haywood County. My dad was a Haywood graduate. I’m definitely rooting for my neighbors to win the top prize in 4A.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don't count a 2 OT win against a one dimensional Betsy team (Rollins Left, Rollins Right) as closing the gap when that was the worst Betsy team to make it to the championship game. (it's more of a one off than closing a gap)  It's all about match ups and feel (Along with a lot of other people in the East including Betsy fans that Greeneville would have been a better match up against Tullahoma but laid an egg in the Quarters against a team they absolutely demolished at Betsy).  We shall see how improved Haywood is from last year come championship week because both Greeneville and AC bring back a Ton off of last years teams also