Classification and enrollment appeals

Indian

4 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I think AlwaySunny means that there’s no City close by. . VERY RURAL. I do believe even the smaller enrollment City Programs have a little advantage because of resources. A City System has generally better facilities, better pay, and it’s just more difficult for these smaller communities to just pay for equipment etc to field a team. That xtra money per student in a City System is an advantage. 
Unaka has probably the worst field in 1A and a small seating area on one side of the field. I can only imagine how their weight room and training area is compared to say Moore Co that has Lynchburg and the dollars it adds to their program. Unaka just had their first winning season in my lifetime with over 300 kids. But numbers are all we have to work with when it comes to classification. But i don’t ever look for them to compete outside their region. Ever. 

In west tenn it's opposite anyway. The city teams are usually second tier to the "country schools" 

1 minute ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I think AlwaySunny means that there’s no City close by. . VERY RURAL. I do believe even the smaller enrollment City Programs have a little advantage because of resources. A City System has generally better facilities, better pay, and it’s just more difficult for these smaller communities to just pay for equipment etc to field a team. That xtra money per student in a City System is an advantage. 
Unaka has probably the worst field in 1A and a small seating area on one side of the field. I can only imagine how their weight room and training area is compared to say Moore Co that has Lynchburg and the dollars it adds to their program. Unaka just had their first winning season in my lifetime with over 300 kids. But numbers are all we have to work with when it comes to classification. But i don’t ever look for them to compete outside their region. Ever. 

I'll bet its no where near as rural as Cloudland, Region one 1a is one of if not the very worst group of schools in the state, they have a lot in common, small rural, Cloudland has just always been a football school ,had better Coaching and higher expectations. They are the Gold Standard of small rural  football.

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

I'll bet its no where near as rural as Cloudland, Region one 1a is one of if not the very worst group of schools in the state, they have a lot in common, small rural, Cloudland has just always been a football school ,had better Coaching and higher expectations. They are the Gold Standard of small rural  football.

So what are you saying? Being in a rural area of the state should be a requirement to be in 1A? 

Edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

1 minute ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

So what are you saying? Being in a rural area of the state should be a requirement to be in 1A? 

Yeah if you have a population of over 5000 like McKenzie and on the border of 3 counties,Weakley ,Carrol and Henry, you should not be in the same class as Clouland with a population of  4 times less that borders one County and its just a little 1a school. The potential is just not the same.

8 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Lots of people don't know what true rural is until you see it. Mckenzie and Roan Mt have absolutely northing in common. Roan Mt has one one red light and they actually don't even need it.

I get what you are saying PUJO but Lake County has 205 students in the school and competes for the most part with the bigger schools. I think the jimmies and Joe's are the difference and coaching also makes a difference. Cloudland usually is able to compete in their area. Small rural schools just has to play with the cards that are dealt and move on. The only true way to have a True 1A is take the smallest 32 in enrollment and make them 1A and create 4 classes out of the rest but the TSSAA will never look to take care of the true 1A schools.

9 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yeah if you have a population of over 5000 like McKenzie and on the border of 3 counties,Weakley ,Carrol and Henry, you should not be in the same class as Clouland with a population of  4 times less that borders one County and its just a little 1a school. The potential is just not the same.

Aww by being so wrapped up in being a victim you failed to realize several thousand of that McKenzie's population is directly associated with Bethel University being in town. By that logic should Lake County not be in 1A because they have prisons in their county driving up the population? Get real dude.

Just now, lakecounty1968 said:

I get what you are saying PUJO but Lake County has 205 students in the school and competes for the most part with the bigger schools. I think the jimmies and Joe's are the difference and coaching also makes a difference. Cloudland usually is able to compete in their area. Small rural schools just has to play with the cards that are dealt and move on. The only true way to have a True 1A is take the smallest 32 in enrollment and make them 1A and create 4 classes out of the rest but the TSSAA will never look to take care of the true 1A schools.

You get it.

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Even if they did that Pujo wouldn't be satisfied because you'd still have schools like McKenzie in 1A

9 minutes ago, pujo said:

Lots of people don't know what true rural is until you see it. Mckenzie and Roan Mt have absolutely northing in common. Roan Mt has one one red light and they actually don't even need it.

Sounds like every town in the West Carroll community. So what? Now you have to be socioeconomically equal now to play football or something? 

1 minute ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Even if they did that Pujo wouldn't be satisfied because you'd still have schools like McKenzie in 1A

I'm actually satisfied regardless of what they do, I see this for what it is, its never been fair for the little small rural schools but they can all teach kids the things its takes to be good adults. Winning football games is not that big a deal, its teaching the things it takes to be productive adults.