Classification and enrollment appeals

Indian

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Its my understanding they actually have several kids who come from other schools, My understanding could be totally wrong but I doubt it. Small rural schools have good years and bad years, some just reload. I have nothing against any School or group of kids, its just that the TSSAA should do a little digging and see what makes certain schools powerhouses every year. Also check into to how a team couldn't beat Tom Thumb one year and the next wear everyone out. Enrollment &s is absolutely the tell all.

Since 2015, we have had 8 kids (my calculation by looking at rosters from years past) move here that played football. I know of only one that moved here as a freshman and lived in Henry County.  So, I would say 8 kids coming to a school and playing sports over a 7 to 8 year period is a pretty fair number. 

2 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Since 2015, we have had 8 kids (my calculation by looking at rosters from years past) move here that played football. I know of only one that moved here as a freshman and lived in Henry County.  So, I would say 8 kids coming to a school and playing sports over a 7 to 8 year period is a pretty fair number. 

Agree ,thats not many at all but how many came before high school. Its more common in this area for kids to change school's before high school. Both my kids transferred while in Jr High. Had nothing to do with playing for a better team, just had close relatives at the school they attended.

6 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Why would they do that when they can host a playoff game with a 4-6 record. That's the real reason they love the current alignment. 

6 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Be honest with yourself, you like the current alignment because it allows a horrible 4-6 team to host a playoff game. Also no private schools play by D-1 rules including your own TCA no matter how much you want to falsely claim so. Any school that can FORCE a student to play (or kick them out of school) such as TCA, JCS, and USJ should be in D-2. Lmfao did you just say the difference between 100 students In d-2 is like the difference between WC and Haywood? That's just nonsensical. Better pull some more kids from Crockett if 

Lol. I used to have respect for you as a poster. No more. I'm not going to waste my time riding your post to spreads. It would be too easy and Coach T does not have the available bandwidth for me to post what I want to say. On top of that, you would not understand what I said. Thus, you aren't worth the effort.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Agree ,thats not many at all but how many came before high school. Its more common in this area for kids to change school's before high school. Both my kids transferred while in Jr High. Had nothing to do with playing for a better team, just had close relatives at the school they attended.

Ahh. I see.  Yeah, I guess that happens as well.  True story.  We had a kid several years ago, who was coming into high school as a freshman, and was moving to McKenzie.  Parent's registered him, and he was good to go.  He came to one of Comers summer workouts, left that day, and went back to his old school.  LOL!

7 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Ahh. I see.  Yeah, I guess that happens as well.  True story.  We had a kid several years ago, who was coming into high school as a freshman, and was moving to McKenzie.  Parent's registered him, and he was good to go.  He came to one of Comers summer workouts, left that day, and went back to his old school.  LOL!

You guys have a Great program and a Great Coach. Some schools just have better athletes and work harder. 

16 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Lol. I used to have respect for you as a poster. No more. I'm not going to waste my time riding your post to spreads. It would be too easy and Coach T does not have the available bandwidth for me to post what I want to say. On top of that, you would not understand what I said. Thus, you aren't worth the effort.

Funny how you think your respect means a blood nickel to me. Truth hurts I suppose. 

On 11/21/2022 at 8:04 AM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Be honest with yourself, you like the current alignment because it allows a horrible 4-6 team to host a playoff game. Also no private schools play by D-1 rules including your own TCA no matter how much you want to falsely claim so. Any school that can FORCE a student to play (or kick them out of school) such as TCA, JCS, and USJ should be in D-2. Lmfao did you just say the difference between 100 students In d-2 is like the difference between WC and Haywood? That's just nonsensical. Better pull some more kids from Crockett if that's the case 

Ok, 

It's time to take you to school. You claim that I like the current system because "it allows a horrible 4-6 team to host a playoff game".  I would have assumed that you knew that playoff host schools are determined by how a team finished in their region. Overall record is NOT a determing factor.  Same rule applies for both D1 and D2. Apparently you didn't know that. My school finished 3-2 in region play and earned a #3 seed. This season, that allowed us to host a first round game against #3 from our East Region based on this year's bracket.  The same rule last year with the bracket put us on the road as a #3 seed against the middle region #3 seed. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't WC qualify as a #4 seed with a 2-3 region record this season? If we were a horrible team who got to host, what does that make your team who had a worse region record? Hmm. You don't really know what you are talking about.

Also, do you have proof that my school did not play by the rules while we were in D1? If you did, why didn't you turn us in to the TSSAA? No, you are just a blowhard repeating a tired old line. Just stop it.

You also claim that " any school that can FORCE a student to play (or kick them out of school)" should be in D2. Again, where is your proof that my school, or any other private in the area, engages in that practice? You are implying that my school has a 100% sports participation rate in sports. You could not be further from the truth. That also applies to the other privates in my area as well. In fact, over 30% don't participate in sports at my school. Once again you are spewing incorrect information. If you are going to participate in the conversation, at least come prepared with truth, and not just your whiney version of what you think the truth is because of your obvious biases. 

Again, it's time to move on. You are arguing moot points. 

On 11/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, Backyardbbq15 said:

Yes they do,  just think if they could have 15-25 more kids how much of a difference it could potentially make. 

There's lots of small rural schools that could make that claim.Lake Co would love to have 20 more students.They have fared pretty well over the years with what they have.Im sure Gleason,Greenfield,South Fulton,Would like to have those extra students also.plus had LC not list players to other surrounding schools,they'd probably had a couple more state titles especially with Andre Flowers.But it's what it is.Play with what we have.

Edited by mrbigster

On 11/18/2022 at 12:18 PM, rlh said:

The history you refer to still isn't accurate regarding SP.  They won it in 1969 with under 200 and was runner up to Brentwood Academy in 1974 with about that. In 2008, Lake County (261) had more students than SP (243), Cloudland 251, Jo Byrnes (315).  Gordy (334) had 90 more.   TC moved up to 2a the following year.  Even Lookout Valley had more than SP that year.  We got knocked out of the playoffs that year by a couple of points in the 3rd round by TC who had 208 more students.  TC beat Oneida in the semi's on the way to the gold ball.  Oneida moved up that year and has been in 2a ever since. 

Wish LC had that 261 kids now

On 11/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, pujo said:

Fairness is not the mission, If so Cloudland and Unaka would never be lumped with the Union Cities, McKenzies, Mase Of Fayette city. These schools have nothing in common except enrollment #s. If you just want to count enrollment, put the private back in, do away with classes and have at it.  We,ve had big time advantaged teams forever, its not like the football Gods put all the talent in Alcoa. Its pretty much who can draw the most outside talent ,PERIOD.

It's never going to be fair.Just play with what you got and work hard and line up and play.LC has won a couple titles with  maybe around 27 players.If a small true rural team made the playoffs for maybe the first time and drove their bus into Union City,they'd probably want to turn the bus around.Has to be a mistake.