Way too early AAAA favorites…

Gr8bballfan

43 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

They definitely have some good wins this season, but other than AA York on their schedule it's cupcake city :)until the region semis. 

Could be worse... Can't help they got stuck in one of the weakest divisions in the state for their classification.  I get it tho, Lebanon as a #2 is a joke, mj lol, Wilson central lol.  There are 1A squads here who'd mop the floor with them.

41 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

They definitely have some good wins this season, but other than AA York on their schedule it's cupcake city :)until the region semis. 

It's good to see Cookeville having some success these last couple of years. They can only play what's put in front of them. So a win is a win. That being said, I think they would have a much tougher time if they were in 7-AAA. 

1 hour ago, JustABlueFan said:

It's good to see Cookeville having some success these last couple of years. They can only play what's put in front of them. So a win is a win. That being said, I think they would have a much tougher time if they were in 7-AAA. 

Outside of Blackman no one gives them a game this year in 7-AAA so kind of doubtful they’d have it any tougher. Cookeville is a quality team with good players and they are well coached. That being said they have to win a game at the glass house when it counts. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Outside of Blackman no one gives them a game this year in 7-AAA so kind of doubtful they’d have it any tougher. Cookeville is a quality team with good players and they are well coached. That being said they have to win a game at the glass house when it counts. 

I mean they did lose to LA. Its much tougher in 7aaa.

2 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Could be worse... Can't help they got stuck in one of the weakest divisions in the state for their classification.  I get it tho, Lebanon as a #2 is a joke, mj lol, Wilson central lol.  There are 1A squads here who'd mop the floor with them.

True. You can't help it if your District is weak.

4 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Definitely have a weak back end of the schedule.  I believe that is why the York game was put where it was.   But the Cavs are battle tested from the first 20 games.  They know where they stand.  I just hope they are playing at the same level at the end of the season.  

3 hours ago, JustABlueFan said:

Actually we are 5-1 in 7AAA this year.  We lost the one game by a last second shot.  We played that game vs Livingston without our head coach and assistant coach.  I think that alone is worth more than the 2 pts we lost by.  

I absolutely love the way Livingston plays and their players but Cookeville wins that game a high percentage of the time.  That’s not a knock on Livingston but there aren’t many games where Cookeville will shoot 20% from 3 and have the opposing team shoot 23 FT vs Cookeville’s 7.  Hope both teams make it to the glass house and maybe we can run it back and play next season.

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

We did win the first round last year which was the first game ever.  But the goal isn’t to make it there any longer.  Or just to win a game.  It’s to come back with some hardware.   And they plan on doing it year after year.

7 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Definitely have a weak back end of the schedule.  I believe that is why the York game was put where it was.   But the Cavs are battle tested from the first 20 games.  They know where they stand.  I just hope they are playing at the same level at the end of the season.  

Actually we are 5-1 in 7AAA this year.  We lost the one game by a last second shot.  We played that game vs Livingston without our head coach and assistant coach.  I think that alone is worth more than the 2 pts we lost by.  

I absolutely love the way Livingston plays and their players but Cookeville wins that game a high percentage of the time.  That’s not a knock on Livingston but there aren’t many games where Cookeville will shoot 20% from 3 and have the opposing team shoot 23 FT vs Cookeville’s 7.  Hope both teams make it to the glass house and maybe we can run it back and play next season.

LA beat Cookeville. I'm sure it had nothing to do with their game play. 5-1 is good for 2nd now in 7-AAA. 

40 minutes ago, JustABlueFan said:

LA beat Cookeville. I'm sure it had nothing to do with their game play. 5-1 is good for 2nd now in 7-AAA. 

Also, LA is 9-0 so far this year in games against state ranked opponents, all classifications. The win against Cookeville wasn't a fluke that wouldn't happen again. My point with the 7-AAA is the depth and physicality. I can't see anyone going undefeated for the year in that district.