Way too early AAAA favorites…

Gr8bballfan

15 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Surprised mcminn central beat bradley and then beat Meigs very handily the following night. I think centrals strength of schedule is beginning to pay off. My prediction is that in AA girls basketball  it will be either mcminn central or York Institute. Alcoa being the darkhorse in 3rd for me. 

I will go with Alcoa and York. Central will more than likely have to beat a good Gatlinburg Pittman team to go to state. If you can stop Massengill you beat Central, she has 30 against Bradley.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 3:35 PM, ghostofthepast2021 said:

MJ has been awful a while, so has WCS.  Cookeville is class and will run to the semis, and Lebanon is an easy out, and not a team any decent team should worry about, undiciplined, selfish, and already imploding under the massive ego of the players and coach. 

LOL… may wanna keep coaches from going after officials in out of state tourneys.

Cookeville goes on the road with a huge matchup tonight @ York.   While the game doesn't mean anything to either teams season, BOTH teams want this W.    Cookeville won the first matchup by double digits by playing lock down D and knocking down FTs at the end of the game.   But the game was close throughout. 

York wants to play slow and the Lady Cavs want to play fast.   If the 3 ball is going for the Cavs...watch out.   If they shoot poorly,  it will likely be a grinder like the first matchup.   I have a feeling that foul trouble will play a factor in this game.   Either way it will be a good tune up for both teams after weak district schedules.   I wouldn't be completely shocked if Cookeville lost this game at York.  Two really good teams and a tough place to play usually means both teams are going to put on a show.   Game will be broadcast by Upper Cumberland Reporter on facebook.   

York flips the script.  Basically the same ending as the first game but the roles were flipped.  York stalls ball with 2-3 Pt game and 4 min left in game and never comes out of it.  Forces Cavs to foul and doesn’t miss a FT down the stretch.  That’s how championships are won.  Stingy D,  great rebounding, limit turnovers,  and knock down FT.  York was  23-24 FT on the night.  They led from the tip and played a great game.  Lady Cavs missed too many layups but didn’t play terrible.  Two really good teams and a very good game by both teams.  Good luck the rest of the season!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...