2A District 3 prediction

Dadof2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking like 1. Central, 2. Meigs, then a toss up on the final four.  Kingston has the athletes to challenge every night but they don't really seem to have an identity. I've seen them look good and also not so good, sometimes within the same game.  I didn't see Sweetwater or Tellico earlier this season, saw Loudon last night. Those 4 look like they could beat each other any given night.

4 hours ago, TNhoopsfan said:

Looking like 1. Central, 2. Meigs, then a toss up on the final four.  Kingston has the athletes to challenge every night but they don't really seem to have an identity. I've seen them look good and also not so good, sometimes within the same game.  I didn't see Sweetwater or Tellico earlier this season, saw Loudon last night. Those 4 look like they could beat each other any given night.

I think Kingston has underperformed the last two years, they have the talent to be pretty good but just can’t get it together, but they’ve had a few coaching changes the last few years so that could have something to do with it.

23 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I think Kingston has underperformed the last two years, they have the talent to be pretty good but just can’t get it together, but they’ve had a few coaching changes the last few years so that could have something to do with it.

Agree with you on Kingston. Perhaps the coaching changes have been the problem, but with their talent they should be much better.   A coaching change (that won't happen) at Meigs might actually make them better.

McMinn Central will own this district and region this year and probably the next 2-3 years.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:54 PM, blitzinbuc said:

Agree with you on Kingston. Perhaps the coaching changes have been the problem, but with their talent they should be much better.   A coaching change (that won't happen) at Meigs might actually make them better.

McMinn Central will own this district and region this year and probably the next 2-3 years.

Yes Central is really good and has a lot of young talent with a coach that will get everything out of them. Meigs is definitely the number two team in the region but I worry about them because they always seem to play down to their competition, and that’s usually a sign that they are not mentally prepared to play and the young coaches don’t have them ready, and what that will do is get you beat by a team in the tournament that you’re not supposed to lose to, just like last year.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:53 PM, Dadof2 said:

Yes Central is really good and has a lot of young talent with a coach that will get everything out of them. Meigs is definitely the number two team in the region but I worry about them because they always seem to play down to their competition, and that’s usually a sign that they are not mentally prepared to play and the young coaches don’t have them ready, and what that will do is get you beat by a team in the tournament that you’re not supposed to lose to, just like last year.

Polk County could be Meigs' nemesis in Region play.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Wildkittens win tonight in Benton, for the reasons you mentioned. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 11:02 PM, Dadof2 said:

How will it play out this year?

I think 

1. McMinn Central 

2. Kingston 

3. Meigs 

4. Tellico 

5. Loudon

6. Sweetwater

With the OT win last night for Meigs over Kingston, it will finish out like this.

1.Central 

2. Meigs

3. Kingston 

4. Tellico 

5. Loudon

6. Sweetwater