CLINTON DRAGONS 2023

92Dragon

On 11/18/2022 at 9:51 PM, 92Dragon said:

Who will Clinton hire as Defensive Coordinator for next season?  This will be a very important hire in my opinion. The Clinton offense should be fine but to have a deep run into the playoffs, they need to make this a priority in my opinion of course.

Thoughts?

Too early for me to start in on Clinton next year.  My advice is useless of course, but I would caution Clinton fans to pump the brakes a bit on the "deep playoff run" talk.  Last year all the talk in Clinton was about how they were going to destroy OR and contend for a state championship.  This year maybe the goal should be first, just make the playoffs, and if they do make it into the playoffs, from that point  just take it 1 week at a time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Too early for me to start in on Clinton next year.  My advice is useless of course, but I would caution Clinton fans to pump the brakes a bit on the "deep playoff run" talk.  Last year all the talk in Clinton was about how they were going to destroy OR and contend for a state championship.  This year maybe the goal should be first, just make the playoffs, and if they do make it into the playoffs, from that point  just take it 1 week at a time.  

That's true. Baby steps 

• Like 1

Just now, Mindya said:

Pretty sure it was just one TD Clinton lost to OR so please don’t act like they destroyed Clinton either. No the playoffs didn’t happen this year but sure it will again be the goal next year. 

Never mentioned the Clinton loss to Oak Ridge.  7pts or 27pts.  an L is an L.   Maybe yall shouldn't have had that victory party on the Wed. night  BEFORE the game!  What I'm saying is all that crap that Clinton players and fans talked all summer long resulted in 0-5 in the region and totally left out of the playoffs.  In this region!  Sad.  #SOC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mindya said:

Pretty sure it was just one TD Clinton lost to OR so please don’t act like they destroyed Clinton either. No the playoffs didn’t happen this year but sure it will again be the goal next year. 

I thought you guys were a shoe-in for the playoffs this year, but I think all of those close losses earlier in the season took their toll. I guess the good news is that you just have to win one region game to clinch this coming season.

10 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Give them a break.Its hard to stay on top once you get there

On 11/19/2022 at 10:55 PM, 92Dragon said:

The defensive coordinator Clinton had was gone after the Campbell County game and I would think we would be looking for a replacement now that our season is over.

So what’s the deal behind letting the DC go in the middle of the season? Just seems like an odd time to make that move.