CLINTON DRAGONS 2023

92Dragon

3 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

So what’s the deal behind letting the DC go in the middle of the season? Just seems like an odd time to make that move. 

I don't know the whole story but i was told there was some arguing between coaches after a game or games and I guess the defensive coordinator was either fired or he quit on his own, I'm not sure which. Either way, we were without a defensive coordinator the week  after the Campbell County loss in overtime on Thursday Rivalry.

4 minutes ago, bounder said:

I hope Oak Ridge picks up Anderson County. Then with Clinton we can maybe have a 3 way play off kinda of thingie for the Anderson County Championship. Course Clinton has to get AC also for it to work.

I would like to see Clinton play AC, Gibbs, Halls, Farragut, Central, and HVA as some possible non-region games.

And yes I would like to see all three schools play each other to have a true county championship type trophy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Hypothetical:  Oak Ridge beats Clinton, Clinton beats AC,  AC beats OR.  who's the county champ? 

So the only way there's a champ is if one teams beats both the other two.  

Couldn't you just follow the tie breaking rules that TSSAA uses? go to over all record after the tie? 

7 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Couldn't you just follow the tie breaking rules that TSSAA uses? go to over all record after the tie? 

Nah, because the strength of schedules don't compare.  What we should do is send 2 players to rep each team down to the Hammers parking lot and have a good ole wrasslin' 3 team tag match to decide the true champion!  Last team standing will be declared Anderson County Champions.  

Edited by oridgecat

20 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Nah, because the strength of schedules don't compare.  What we should do is send 2 players to rep each team down to the Hammers parking lot and have a good ole wrasslin' 3 team tag match to decide the true champion!  Last team standing will be declared Anderson County Champions.  

Will terry landel be promoting this match?