CLINTON DRAGONS 2023

92Dragon

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

It's been there all this time but a coach's wife finally made me realize that apparently I'm not a true Clinton fan. Going to all the scrimmages and games over the last 30 years was just my diabolical plan to fool everyone. Lol 

All joking aside, I love highschool football and will always love Clinton, but I'm not happy with some things that's going on up there right now. Maybe I'm the only one that sees it and I guess I'm the only Clinton fan that was embarrassed by the arguing and fighting between coaches in public for everyone to see and hear. 

Yea you can’t be faulted for that. Hard to explain to young men how to keep composure in tough situations when the adults don’t do it themselves. 

I’d venture to guess you will be around much longer than the current coach will be anyway, so I wouldn’t let it deter you for too long. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wompuscat said:

Yea you can’t be faulted for that. Hard to explain to young men how to keep composure in tough situations when the adults don’t do it themselves. 

I’d venture to guess you will be around much longer than the current coach will be anyway, so I wouldn’t let it deter you for too long. 

Thank you! You're exactly correct about the composure part and the my being around longer than the current coach as well. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 1:33 AM, 92Dragon said:

Thank you! You're exactly correct about the composure part and the my being around longer than the current coach as well. 

careful '92, you're about to get another one of them phone calls.  That would have pissed me off too after supporting that mess for over 30 yrs.  They oughta give you an award, not a phone call telling you to stop hurting the coaches feelings on Coach T.  Get outta here with that.  lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

careful '92, you're about to get another one of them phone calls.  That would have pissed me off too after supporting that mess for over 30 yrs.  They oughta give you an award, not a phone call telling you to stop hurting the coaches feelings on Coach T.  Get outta here with that.  lol

Exactly lol

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton released their schedule for next season. Just from memory I saw Cleveland, West, Powell, Anderson County, Scott, and Heritage for the non region games.

And of course Oak Ridge, Campbell County, Karns, and Lenoir City for region games.

Should be an exciting year!

It's a rivalry Thursday game with AC also

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Coach Keith isn’t afraid of stiff competition. I’ll give him that.

He must have been encouraged to play somebody non region.  He said on tv interview that they were going to schedule "cupcakes"  for non region games the last 2 years. He said some wins would help their confidence and their "recruiting"   He actually said "cupcakes"  and "recruiting" several times on the TV interview.  Lol

• Like 1