CLINTON DRAGONS 2023

92Dragon

On 1/23/2023 at 11:20 PM, 92Dragon said:

I would love to know exactly what was said or done to make Coach X so mad. 

From what I have heard it was multiple things over time that caused the situation to unfold.  People tell me that X would complain about Keith's toxic nature towards players on the team.  X's points whether unfounded or not may of been valid, but to display the anger after a game in front of kids is the wrong way to approach the situation 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

From what I have heard it was multiple things over time that caused the situation to unfold.  People tell me that X would complain about Keith's toxic nature towards players on the team.  X's points whether unfounded or not may of been valid, but to display the anger after a game in front of kids is the wrong way to approach the situation 

It sounds like Keith had no choice. I hope we can get a very good defensive coordinator, because it seems like that is all we are missing to bring it all together and have a special season.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/6/2023 at 9:24 PM, 92Dragon said:

Well, has anyone watched Clinton during Spring Practice? I've heard from a couple of people that they are loaded with talent and have the potential of having a special year. 

How has the defense looked? That's what my main concern is this year. 

I had a friend who has been to almost every practice. He said they do seem to have a ton of potential in terms of having talent, and the defense seems to be doing well even though it is just spring. I think the important thing for this team is the battle between the ears.  I think it is going to be important for this team to set realistic, achievable goals week in and week out to strive to be the best Clinton they can be.  It will be more about blocking out how good this team is "supposed" to be and the actions that take place on Fridays. My friend overheard people at practice saying "just be us" and "do your job". If they can be humble and driven relentlessly, they can win enough games to make it to post season and host a playoff game in Nov. and that is a goal I'd like to see this team get to. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

I had a friend who has been to almost every practice. He said they do seem to have a ton of potential in terms of having talent, and the defense seems to be doing well even though it is just spring. I think the important thing for this team is the battle between the ears.  I think it is going to be important for this team to set realistic, achievable goals week in and week out to strive to be the best Clinton they can be.  It will be more about blocking out how good this team is "supposed" to be and the actions that take place on Fridays. My friend overheard people at practice saying "just be us" and "do your job". If they can be humble and driven relentlessly, they can win enough games to make it to post season and host a playoff game in Nov. and that is a goal I'd like to see this team get to. 

I agree. They just need to stay focused and take it one game at a time type mindset. They should be fun to watch. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 1:14 AM, Mavericksinflight said:

Sounds like the Mavs will have there work cut out for them. Playing (Clinton) Bearden to a 21-21 is no small feat. This will be a big cross town rival and the stadium will be packed. 

I wonder who gets the start at AC this year? Maybe you have heard of how the competition is going between your son, I mean the upcoming freshman, and the kid that filled in when Martinez went down his junior year? Got to think the game experience at the high school level has to give the upperclassmen the nod at least to start out? Still to early? 

20 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

I wonder who gets the start at AC this year? Maybe you have heard of how the competition is going between your son, I mean the upcoming freshman, and the kid that filled in when Martinez went down his junior year? Got to think the game experience at the high school level has to give the upperclassmen the nod at least to start out? Still to early? 

Edited by Mavericksinflight