Semi Haywood vs Pearl-Cohn

Ljsr

3 hours ago, Ljsr said:

What bait I won't to know who  AC is playing in the semi,I didn't know. So when I heard it was red band, had to check them out 

Not you. chrisburr routinely throws some rhetoric on here with the intent of inciting others. His "prediction" that Haywood Co. would roll Red Bank was intended to inflame the Anderson County fanbase on this site...after defeating the Cyclones and Greene Devils the past two weeks, they are the prohibitive favorite to win the gold ball. With the way the Tomcats have played this season I believe that they have a decent shot, but from the way upper East Tn. has traditionally owned this classification they are definitely favored over Red Bank and whomever comes from the west. 

Back to the matchup of Haywood vs. Pearl Cohn. I have not seen PC play since Covington met them in the semifinals in 2017 and 2019. We have played Haywood the last three years (2020, 2021, and 2022). At the time we played PC, those two squads were pretty even, with us winning by 3 in 2017 and losing by 1 in 2019. On the other hand, Haywood has really stepped up their game over the last three years. We managed to beat them in 2020, but lost handily to them in the last two meetings. 

So, my analysis says that unless PC has significantly stepped up their game in the last three years, Haywood will dominate this matchup. I pick Haywood by 14.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Fact. That's was meant for a trip to Redbank! B)

I Know all to well about Haywood! 

But, honestly thought it would be a Greeneville vs Haywood matchup.

Wasn't a knock. I just imported some information from another thread from chrisburr...he thinks Pearl Cohn and Anderson County are done (no mention of either), and Haywood "rolls" Red Bank in 'Nooga.

Just for the record, Haywood is a monster but until a team from west of the Tn. River beats one of the upper eastern teams, I can't call them the favorite.

Edited by tradertwo

9 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Wasn't a knock. I just imported some information from another thread from chrisburr...he thinks Pearl Cohn and Anderson County are done (no mention of either), and Haywood "rolls" Red Bank in 'Nooga.

Just for the record, Haywood is a monster but until a team from west of the Tn. River beats one of the upper eastern teams, I can't call them the favorite.

Haywood fan here. I totally get where you are coming from and I think you are right! Until someone from the west can beat the east boys we shouldn’t be favored! I for one aren’t looking past PC. They are a good team that shouldn’t be looked past. If we get past PC then we can discuss whichever East team it shall be