Semi Haywood vs Pearl-Cohn

Ljsr

27 minutes ago, stacmot said:

According to the TSSAA’s website, here is Haywood’s 2023 region schedule. 

Fri

Aug. 18

Fri

Aug. 25

Fri

Sep. 1

Fri

Sep. 8

Fayette-Ware (R)

Away

Fri

Sep. 15

Obion Co. (R)

Away

Fri

Sep. 22

Fri

Sep. 29

Fri

Oct. 6

Fri

Oct. 13

Requested Open Date

Fri

Oct. 20

Crockett Co. (R)

Home

Fri

Oct. 27

Dyer Co. (R)

Home

On Nov. 22, Coach Smith tweeted, "Haywood County is looking for football games on August 18th, August 25th, September 1st, and October 6th. If interested, please DM me or email me at …"

That tweet has aroused my curiosity.  Who do we have scheduled on September 22 and September 29?

Sept 22 is filled 

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

Haywood seniors, you have a lot to be proud of.  Over the past 4 years you have been an integral part of Tomcat teams who have:

-won 48 games and lost 8 (winning 10 or more games each season)
-won four Region 7-4A championships while going undefeated in region play
-made four state semifinal appearances and one final appearance
-set a season-record scoring average of 49.6 points per game (2022 season)

I would like to thank you for your contribution to the annals of Haywood High football.  Your talent, athleticism, and accomplishments have made it a pleasure to watch you play, and I’d like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Haywood underclassmen, you also have a lot of talent and athleticism, and I’d like to thank you for your contribution to Haywood’s success.  Continue to work hard in the off season, and I look forward to another exciting and successful season in 2023. 

I’d also like to thank Coach Smith and staff for your time and hard work. 

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but I would like to make a plea to the Haywood County School Board and County Commission.  I am a strong believer in academics, but athletics also plays a huge part in the success of our students and our school.  Athletics brings our community together.  I know there is a lot of money to be spent on infrastructure with the arrival of Blue Oval City, and I know improvements need to be made to our school facilities.  Please find a way to use some of that money to make improvements to our fieldhouse and athletic facilities (stadium).  You won’t regret it.

Sometimes it takes some Loud parents and alumni to get some things done. Good luck

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

According to the TSSAA’s website, here is Haywood’s 2023 region schedule. 

Fri

Aug. 18

Fri

Aug. 25

Fri

Sep. 1

Fri

Sep. 8

Fayette-Ware (R)

Away

Fri

Sep. 15

Obion Co. (R)

Away

Fri

Sep. 22

Fri

Sep. 29

Fri

Oct. 6

Fri

Oct. 13

Requested Open Date

Fri

Oct. 20

Crockett Co. (R)

Home

Fri

Oct. 27

Dyer Co. (R)

Home

On Nov. 22, Coach Smith tweeted, "Haywood County is looking for football games on August 18th, August 25th, September 1st, and October 6th. If interested, please DM me or email me at …"

That tweet has aroused my curiosity.  Who do we have scheduled on September 22 and September 29?

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Sept 22 is filled 

That seems to be fairly obvious since he was not looking for games on the 22nd and 29th of September.  I was asking who we will be playing on the 22nd and 29th.  If a date is filled, I assume the contract has been signed.  I don't see why who we are playing has to be a secret.

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Haywood will not be playing South Gibson, Milan, Covington, Ripley or Dyersburg - all within spitting distance. Nor Henry County. You can ask all them why?

Covington, Ripley, and Dyersburg all have an 8 region games. Covington elected to go with Munford and Brighton for non-region games. Dyersburg went with Lake County and Obion Central. I don’t know who Ripley is going to play, but I’m assure Crockett County could be one of them. Milan is in an 8 team region as well, and I’m sure South Gibson is one of the non-region teams.