2015:  14-1 = STATE CHAMPS 

2016:  14-1 = STATE CHAMPS 

2017:  13-2 = STATE CHAMPS 

2018:  15-0 = STATE CHAMPS 

2019:  14-1 = STATE CHAMPS 

2020:  14-1 = STATE CHAMPS 

2021:  14-1 = STATE CHAMPS 

2022:  12-1 = TO BE DETERMINED…

Alcoa’s near two decade run has to be the winningest in the entire nation over the last 19 years.  I cannot imagine there’s another football program in the country that’s been as dominant as Alcoa has been in their respective classification during that time.  

I still remember in 2011 and 2012 Alcoa lost two of the all time greatest high school football games ever played to CAK when they went back to back.  They were possibly the greatest offensive machine in TSSAA history those two years.  

in 2014 Alcoa fell to CPA because they had to start a first time varsity QB in the title game and the final ended up 7-0.  The next year when they met again it was a massacre.  

Alcoa is probably on their way to winning a 16th State Championship In 19 Years.  I just marvel at how they have been able to continue to keep their players hungry and driven throughout the last 2 decades.  People knock them for playing 3A football but honestly I’ve seen them play many of the DII Private School Powers/6A Powers/5A Powers/4A Powers/KY Powers and win at a very high level in those contests as well.  

Their coaches, community, and student athletes aren’t commended enough for the level of success that they have sustained for such a long period of time.  

You guys are just fabulous at getting players every year. Congratulations. Especially since you’re apparently able to get it done under the eyes of the “TSSAA”. “Magical Seasons” No Doubt. 

26 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Back 15-20 years ago when I was doing radio broadcasts for Cheatham County and Sycamore every time we went to Giles County there was this really good BBQ place by the stadium.  I can’t remember the name of it to save my life but Alcoa fans should definitely drop by and test it out this evening when they get to Pulaski.  

Hickory House 

Alcoa continues to be the gold standard in 3A football. Proud of the effort Giles showed all night (and all season), but they just didn't have the horses to run on offense.

Alcoa will still win easily next week even without Harris and Cannon, but I hope those guys make a safe and speedy recovery. Really surprised the coaching staff sent them back out there after two nasty looking injuries in the first half.

• Like 1

A little late, but Giles had a pretty decent game plan defensively. They just gave up too many big plays and didn’t have any help offensive wise. I’m not too sure what the game plan was on that. When you win the toss and choose to receive you don’t think a QB sneak would be your first down play. But Hats off to both teams for fighting all the way to the end and making an enjoyable game to watch!

Edited by Rocketboy21