Littull fellurs agin tha Paytreeuts

STARSNBARS

The sophomore Haynesworth will be great if he stays at Oakland.  He's one of those kids that gets your attention real quick on a football field.  First time I saw him was at an after supper JV game I ran up to watch because I didn't have anything better to do.  He caught my attention as soon as he got the ball in his hands.  You could tell.  He was different from everyone else on the field.  I asked the mom and dad next to me who he was.  They said they didn't know but thought his dad played somewhere in the NFL.  Then looked down and standing against the fence was Albert Haynesworth.  It all made sense then.  He has played sparingly this year with varsity simply because so many great backs are ahead of him that have earned their stripes.  The young man is 6'2" and right at 220 lbs.  He has the ability and seems the desire to run over folks.  At the same time he does seem to have decent speed.  Not like the serious track speed other sophomore Tamari Hill has but still not bad.  MTF is correct.  Soph class is loaded.

• Like 1

Just now, ttitan27 said:

The sophomore Haynesworth will be great if he stays at Oakland.  He's one of those kids that gets your attention real quick on a football field.  First time I saw him was at an after supper JV game I ran up to watch because I didn't have anything better to do.  He caught my attention as soon as he got the ball in his hands.  You could tell.  He was different from everyone else on the field.  I asked the mom and dad next to me who he was.  They said they didn't know but thought his dad played somewhere in the NFL.  Then looked down and standing against the fence was Albert Haynesworth.  It all made sense then.  He has played sparingly this year with varsity simply because so many great backs are ahead of him that have earned their stripes.  The young man is 6'2" and right at 220 lbs.  He has the ability and seems the desire to run over folks.  At the same time he does seem to have decent speed.  Not like the serious track speed other sophomore Tamari Hill has but still not bad.  MTF is correct.  Soph class is loaded.

Is there a reason he wouldn't stay at Oakland? If I heard right he transferred to Oakland from Brentwood Academy 

19 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Is there a reason he wouldn't stay at Oakland? If I heard right he transferred to Oakland from Brentwood Academy 

Absolutely none that I'm aware of but then again his father is Albert Haynesworth and I trust him about as far as I can throw him.  Albert doesn't strike me as a man of high moral character based on his past.

4 hours ago, GeneralRebel said:

Negative Barney Fife.  Man you're on a roll with all this disinformation...

#12, Cornerback was the transfer from Kentucky to Oakland for his senior year to live with his dad.  Eric Taylor was on the team last year and his game friday night will increase his offers.

Taylor is the product of the Oakland system.   He went through Oakland Middle and was a beast over there.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, howdoitknow said:

WARNING:  Long Post

I said this the other night before JSamson decided to come after me for being some other dude.  I mean this as nicely as I can say it.  The “championship” ride is over at Maryville.  

George Quarles knew that this was inevitable and that’s why he bounced when he did.  The moment Oakland hired 2A Kevin Creasy to come to Murfreesboro and run his 2A offense it was officially the beginning of the end of Maryville’s championship runs.  It’s grown so lopsided that Oakland has gotten to where they have to play Division II teams and out of state teams in order to test themselves because they flat out own Maryville right now.  

Gary Rankin did the same thing when he left Riverdale after 2005.  Even when Riverdale had countless college prospects and brought in Ron Aydelott to continue the machine.  When adversity hit the Warrior Nation made Aydelott the scapegoat and since then Riverdale hasn’t been the same.  If Rankin had stayed at Riverdale he would have been part of the downfall of Warriors football.  If Quarles had stayed at Maryville he too would have been part of the downfall of Rebels football.  Oh sure they would have beaten the Science Hill’s of the state and they would beat Alcoa, although it wouldn’t be as lopsided as in years past, but in those nut cutting games against better teams from Alcoa, Knoxville West, and Oakland he would have taken an L just like Hunt is doing nowadays.

Maryville today is experiencing what Riverdale went through 15 years ago.  Eventually it will become the new norm and people will learn to accept it.  It’s not a knock.  Maryville is still great.  They are still going to win 10 or so games every year and be a Top 5 team.  If you think it’s 2000-2007 Maryville though you desperately need a reality check.  

In the meantime Alcoa’s going to need to build more trophy cases because they are going to really start to put a gap on Maryville as it relates to number of state championships won.  The part that is going to sting the most about it is that their head Coach leading the charge will be a Maryville grad.  Eventually this will take its toll and the players that Maryville “currently get” will become the players that Maryville “used to get” because they’ll all be going to Alcoa to win championships.  

Ask Oakland & Riverdale if that isn’t how it works.  Again I’m not trying to be a “Debbie Downer” and I’m not dogging on Maryville football.  What Quarles did at Maryville was one of the most amazing feats of its time.  It’s what Creasy is doing today at Oakland.  Nix will only continue to build and expand on what Reid & Rankin started and established at Alcoa.  

I will be at the state championships next weekend if anyone wants to stop by and have a conversation.  Great year Maryville.  Good Luck in the title games Oakland & Alcoa.  

All that to say that Maryville is the 2nd best 6A program in the entire state.  Oh, the misery