Littull fellurs agin tha Paytreeuts

STARSNBARS

LaDue would have been the feature back on pretty much any other team in Tennessee. He just had Vaughn in front of him.

A big factor is going to be quarterback play and if the Maryville QB1 goes out with deer in the headlights look or not.

This Maryville team has improved the last month or so. Enough? We'll find out.

1 hour ago, coachspanky said:

Is this game going to be televised? Not nfhs. thanks

Last time the game was at Oakland they made Maryville do it on their side of the field and not their press box. They did the game from the sidelines and it was awful. In the past few weeks Maryville has combined with the radio crew which come on a lot earlier than the kickoff which has made it 100 times better. A lot of times in the past MYTV30 had the playoff game on but that was then. Stork did them also but hopefully he will chime in and let us know. Oakland's field is one of those beer budget (Natural Light ) places with a track around it with stands so far away you can't see anything  and why most people don't like traveling that far to miss half what happens. The only place that I've been to that is that horrible would be Hardin Valley.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Last time the game was at Oakland they made Maryville do it on their side of the field and not their press box. They did the game from the sidelines and it was awful. In the past few weeks Maryville has combined with the radio crew which come on a lot earlier than the kickoff which has made it 100 times better. A lot of times in the past MYTV30 had the playoff game on but that was then. Stork did them also but hopefully he will chime in and let us know. Oakland's field is one of those beer budget (Natural Light ) places with a track around it with stands so far away you can't see anything  and why most people don't like traveling that far to miss half what happens. The only place that I've been to that is that horrible would be Hardin Valley.

Lol.....our stands are too far away.   Good lort....you will complain about anything. Bring some binoculars. Our field, scoreboard and video board are first class.   Pressbox?  It is horrible and 5 gallons of kerosene and a match would fix it up nicely.  I've spent the last 7 years in that thing on game nights punching the scoreboard buttons.  Way too small, way too cramped, way too broken down.   Gonna have to renegotiate my contract with Creasy next year.   I appreciate the free hat and all but a new Pressbox would be great lol.

7 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Lol.....our stands are too far away.   Good lort....you will complain about anything. Bring some binoculars. Our field, scoreboard and video board are first class.   Pressbox?  It is horrible and 5 gallons of kerosene and a match would fix it up nicely.  I've spent the last 7 years in that thing on game nights punching the scoreboard buttons.  Way too small, way too cramped, way too broken down.   Gonna have to renegotiate my contract with Creasy next year.   I appreciate the free hat and all but a new Pressbox would be great lol.

Well Titan that's the experience from a visitors point of view after traveling 200 miles to set down low and miss half what you came to see. Your from there , will the game be covered on MYTV30. Not going to lie, pretty much know what is going to happen and won't be in the mood to drive back 200 miles pizzed off. Hope I'm wrong but 78.5% on my picks this year. If Derek Dooley, Butch Jones or Valdar had that percentage they would still be coaching at UT.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well Titan that's the experience from a visitors point of view after traveling 200 miles to set down low and miss half what you came to see. Your from there , will the game be covered on MYTV30. Not going to lie, pretty much know what is going to happen and won't be in the mood to drive back 200 miles pizzed off. Hope I'm wrong but 78.5% on my picks this year. If Derek Dooley, Butch Jones or Valdar had that percentage they would still be coaching at UT.

As of now, I can't find anything on the MYTV30 about who they are covering this Friday night.  As far as picking the game goes, I think this one could swing either way with a Oakland homefield advantage.I feel like it's going to be mostly the same game plan from both sides with the ground game featured heavily from both teams.  Oakland has a stable full of good running backs plus a 6'3" 235lb qb that can side step or run you over.  That being said Rebs have a very good running game as well with Ladue (sp?).  I do see Oakland winning but I don't see results like the last few matchups here at Oakland.  Oakland broke serve last year.  Can Maryville return the favor?  Reckon will find out Friday.  Should be a good one.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

3 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

As of now, I can't find anything on the MYTV30 about who they are covering this Friday night.  As far as picking the game goes, I think this one could swing either way with a Oakland homefield advantage.I feel like it's going to be mostly the same game plan from both sides with the ground game featured heavily from both teams.  Oakland has a stable full of good running backs plus a 6'3" 235lb qb that can side step or run you over.  That being said Rebs have a very good running game as well with Ladue (sp?).  I do see Oakland winning but I don't see results like the last few matchups here at Oakland.  Oakland broke serve last year.  Can Maryville return the favor?  Reckon will find out Friday.  Should be a good one.

Should find out today or tomorrow if the game will be televised on MyTV30. I'm guessing that it will be because they can only broadcast games in the Middle TN area and if you look at the other games and where they are being played this week, there really aren't many other options if any. This is the game they should show anyway.

24 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Should find out today or tomorrow if the game will be televised on MyTV30. I'm guessing that it will be because they can only broadcast games in the Middle TN area and if you look at the other games and where they are being played this week, there really aren't many other options if any. This is the game they should show anyway.

Keep us posted

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I have been every time we’ve played there and the visitor stands were packed.