Riverside coming to Huntingdon (semi finals)

horse

28 minutes ago, horse said:

Perez is the bigger back?

Perez was the feature back until he got injured, which was several games back. Probably faster and shiftier in the hole than Thomas, and still a load to bring down but not the mule that Thomas is. I sort of hinted at it before the Adamsville game and no one bit (he was injured in practice), so I thought it none of my business to "out" the situation if no one else chose to. You have to feel for #5, as this is his second time to go down with a knee in his career... he's a good kid and a team player. I'm sure a shiny new ring would make him feel better :thumb:.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, horse said:

I thought Thomas was the better back in the first game. Then they quit running him. 

Didn't see your game, but I've watched a few...almost seemed as if they were saving Thomas for later in the game, or later in the season. I thought he was more reliable to get positive yardage in most situations, yet always had half (or less) the carries.

I’m going out on a limb here. Everyone that post know I’m a die hard Waverly fan but also a die hard high school football fan also. If you guys think this is going to be a blowout you are sadly mistaken! Much respect for both programs. I think the running game for Huntingdon is going to be naturalize by Riverside. My question is I’m wondering if Mustang coaches can call that pass play at the right time. Also can Riverside keep from turning the ball over with the blitzing from Huntingdon? I would bet you will see a flea-flicker or two from Riverside. I have seen Riverside self implode in the big lights but not Huntingdon. I watched the last semifinal game Huntingdon had with LC and they did not lay down. They got beat but keep playing with their all. I honestly think it comes down to the coaches game plan. I look forward to seeing one of these two teams in Waverly next year! 

I’m picking Riverside with a coin flip!

Edited by vandyfan1

44 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m going out on a limb here. Everyone that post know I’m a die hard Waverly fan but also a die hard high school football fan also. If you guys think this is going to be a blowout you are sadly mistaken! Much respect for both programs. I think the running game for Huntingdon is going to be naturalize by Riverside. My question is I’m wondering if Mustang coaches can call that pass play at the right time. Also can Riverside keep from turning the ball over with the blitzing from Huntingdon? I would bet you will see a flea-flicker or two from Riverside. I have seen Riverside self implode in the big lights but not Huntingdon. I watched the last semifinal game Huntingdon had with LC and they did not lay down. They got beat but keep playing with their all. I honestly think it comes down to the coaches game plan. I look forward to seeing one of these two teams in Waverly next year! 

I’m picking Riverside with a coin flip!

I wish we were 2A this year. Lol

1 hour ago, FastEddieDavis said:

I wish we were 2A this year. Lol

Yea but we aren’t. Give these two teams credit for making it this far. Riverside was my week one pick and Huntingdon won me over. Two great teams. Waverly will get their shot at one of these two in the coming years. We can’t seem to beat Huntingdon for some reason. 2017 was one of the best games I watched. @Croppygenius wouldn’t you agree?