Riverside coming to Huntingdon (semi finals)

horse

10 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Their is a big difference the amount of posts that are posted when both teams are talking crap. Riverside team and fans alike know they are in a tough game this Friday guess most of the talking will b on the field by both sides

This will be a epic battle much respect for both teams 

I would be shocked if it’s +14 point differential on ether side 

it really stinks that Huntingdon is an NFHS school. Not a dime of my money will the NFHS get  for sub par streaming.  If I go to my car, I can pick up 100.9 at least

It would be nice if the Huntingdon principal (who apparently does not fully understand TSSAA media regulations) would take another incorrectly recieved rights fee like he got last week so Riverside could stream the game. 

Just say no to NFHS broadcasts! Maybe the TSSAA will wake up and realize what a sub par product the NFHS is someday.

Anyway, to get back on topic, good luck Riverside.

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

it really stinks that Huntingdon is an NFHS school. Not a dime of my money will the NFHS get  for sub par streaming.  If I go to my car, I can pick up 100.9 at least

It would be nice if the Huntingdon principal (who apparently does not fully understand TSSAA media regulations) would take another incorrectly recieved rights fee like he got last week so Riverside could stream the game. 

Just say no to NFHS broadcasts! Maybe the TSSAA will wake up and realize what a sub par product the NFHS is someday.

Anyway, to get back on topic, good luck Riverside.

NFHS is the biggest scam, another racket for TSSAA. Yeah they are their own network but TSSAA gets it cut out of it. From what I understand they charge 20000 just to install the cameras. Then they may or may not broadcast the game with no announcing. You have to subscribe for a crappy broadcast and don’t see that making much of a dent in that 20,000 already spent. Like last week we would have paid our 750.00 for live-streaming it. Think they would have made more off that w of course TSSAA getting their share of that as well. Can’t believe the number of schools that went w it. Would’ve loved to hear that sales pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

NFHS is the biggest scam, another racket for TSSAA. Yeah they are their own network but TSSAA gets it cut out of it. From what I understand they charge 20000 just to install the cameras. Then they may or may not broadcast the game with no announcing. You have to subscribe for a crappy broadcast and don’t see that making much of a dent in that 20,000 already spent. Like last week we would have paid our 750.00 for live-streaming it. Think they would have made more off that w of course TSSAA getting their share of that as well. Can’t believe the number of schools that went w it. Would’ve loved to hear that sales pitch. 

Why would schools allow somebody to video games anyway? I’m sure it cuts down on attendance. 

17 minutes ago, horse said:

Why would schools allow somebody to video games anyway? I’m sure it cuts down on attendance. 

using that theory, you should immediately ban radio broadcasts of high school sporting events as well.

You apparently don't understand the exposure that a school can recieve. Family who live out of state or out of country can see family members play. Out of town alumni can watch their school play and increase donations. A fan at home may see a game on video and come to the game next week  There are any number of reasons to keep video streaming. The loss at the gate is minimal.

Your own administration needs to re read and better understand the media regulations put in place by the TSSAA. Based on last Friday against UC, they don't understand them too well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

using that theory, you should immediately ban radio broadcasts of high school sporting events as well.

You apparently don't understand the exposure that a school can recieve. Family who live out of state or out of country can see family members play. Out of town alumni can watch their school play and increase donations. A fan at home may see a game on video and come to the game next week  There are any number of reasons to keep video streaming. The loss at the gate is minimal.

Your own administration needs to re read and better understand the media regulations put in place by the TSSAA. Based on last Friday against UC, they don't understand them too well.

I understand exposure and if a school is going to video games the schools should do it and receive all the money.  They have someone videoing every game from several different angles anyway.  I don’t know how many public schools get donations from fans watching football online.  And radio is nothing like video but there’s some radio personality that need canceled. 

Edited by horse

28 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

You should call the administrator and read and explain it to him. And maybe he would change it because you don’t like the quality of the videos. 

27 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Would you be a fan of charging a $5 dollar fee per game for someone to look at the game online? Basically just staying at home, and paying the home school the "gate" just online. If a family of four shows up to a game, then they'll have to pay $20, but only $5 at the game. Therefore, it can benefit the customer and the school.

Why would that make sense to me? Because a family that is out of town tomorrow for Thanksgiving can have that luxury to watch the game. In January during basketball season, there may be a night or two where it'll be too cold. 

I do appreciate the 3 private schools in Jackson on having their game broadcast online. Same goes to Peabody and Riverside for doing their broadcast on Facebook. Brentwood Academy did their game with Baylor on YouTube. What would it take for that to be broadcast in West TN? I'm sure BA spent a lot of money for that to be on YouTube.

Regardless, I do agree that NFHS is not a good idea. Wasn't a good idea to begin with, but not surprised because the TSSAA never go detail to detail on what will happen. They jumped in not knowing what's going on. Maybe emailing principal and AD's will be the next step to cut the contract...

4 minutes ago, horse said:

You should call the administrator and read and explain it to him. And maybe he would change it because you don’t like the quality of the videos. 

I don’t think he’s talking as much as the quality it’s the whole notion of that network scamming these schools and creating another money racket for the TSSAA and yes on top of that using a poor video feed to justify it. U would’ve got a 750 dollar check from TNL if they could’ve live streamed it. Probably more than that network 

3 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

I don’t think he’s talking as much as the quality it’s the whole notion of that network scamming these schools and creating another money racket for the TSSAA and yes on top of that using a poor video feed to justify it. U would’ve got a 750 dollar check from TNL if they could’ve live streamed it. Probably more than that network 

Anything tsssa is involved with concerning money is a scam.