Riverside coming to Huntingdon (semi finals)

horse

Definitely a great win for Riverside. We didn't play our best game for sure, but no doubt about it, they were the better team tonight. #25 was a full grown man. He was probably at 40+ carries. They rode him all night to great success. A lot of credit goes to the guys in the trenches on both sides of the ball for RHS. On offense we couldn't get anything consistent going. They defended all of our pass attempts well. And on defense we just could not get a steady push going against that o line. And the few times we did get our hands on Thomas at the LoS, he still always managed to fall forward for a couple yards.

Hats off to Riverside. You got a tall task next Saturday against a team that has dominated everyone they've played with the exception of Alcoa. But I'll be rooting for you guys for sure.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:15 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Your joking right????

You could say that Vandyfan1. We knew we had a very legit shot at them this time around, just like that one and only time we clipped Wavo in the playoffs after they thumped us in the regular season. It was a very similar setup. We're proud of these boys. Huntingdon is always hard to beat. Hat's off to them and Coach Swensen. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

Definitely a great win for Riverside. We didn't play our best game for sure, but no doubt about it, they were the better team tonight. #25 was a full grown man. He was probably at 40+ carries. They rode him all night to great success. A lot of credit goes to the guys in the trenches on both sides of the ball for RHS. On offense we couldn't get anything consistent going. They defended all of our pass attempts well. And on defense we just could not get a steady push going against that o line. And the few times we did get our hands on Thomas at the LoS, he still always managed to fall forward for a couple yards.

Hats off to Riverside. You got a tall task next Saturday against a team that has dominated everyone they've played with the exception of Alcoa. But I'll be rooting for you guys for sure.

40+ carries brought back horrible memories of Josh Nicks from Union City in 2009.

Edited by powerp

Still hasn’t set in yet, guess shock is the word I want lol. Not shocked that we won just that we will b playing for a State Championship this Friday. I have been covering RHS sports for 24 years and have been to baseball state championships. Softball, and state tournament In basketball. But this is the first time for football and is also my biggest passion. Last night I kept holding my breathe thinking the shoe was fixing to fall off anytime but the boys did great on both sides. Congratulations to Huntingdon for making a lot of noise in a year they wasn’t supposed to. And also for the class they have showed on the T.

3 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Still hasn’t set in yet, guess shock is the word I want lol. Not shocked that we won just that we will b playing for a State Championship this Friday. I have been covering RHS sports for 24 years and have been to baseball state championships. Softball, and state tournament In basketball. But this is the first time for football and is also my biggest passion. Last night I kept holding my breathe thinking the shoe was fixing to fall off anytime but the boys did great on both sides. Congratulations to Huntingdon for making a lot of noise in a year they wasn’t supposed to. And also for the class they have showed on the T.

I agree Pun. Huntingdon has some of the best fans, and they have been a class act on the T with us all season. They also have some of the best radio announcers around for high school football. 

• Like 1