Coalfield @ Clay County

OldTownRoad

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

Coalfield has two chances.  Slim and none. This game will be over before halftime.  Great job getting to the semifinals though. 

I don’t think it’ll be a blowout. Coalfield is far better than early when Gordy played them. Probably not enough improved to win but I’m betting on a ballgame. 

4 hours ago, crow said:

I don’t think it’ll be a blowout. Coalfield is far better than early when Gordy played them. Probably not enough improved to win but I’m betting on a ballgame. 

That's my take on the game, Clay county is a good looking team that is clearly the favorite but we have improved.  We haven't really played any good teams this year except Gordonsville and we didn't respond well to getting hit in the mouth that night.  No disprect to your Indians by the way, lots of respect for the Indians and Cherokees who both have great programs.

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

That's my take on the game, Clay county is a good looking team that is clearly the favorite but we have improved.  We haven't really played any good teams this year except Gordonsville and we didn't respond well to getting hit in the mouth that night.  No disprect to your Indians by the way, lots of respect for the Indians and Cherokees who both have great programs.

None taken. I agree, we certainly were not a good team and nothing to measure any decent team by. I’ve watch Clay a couple of time and y’all a couple as well. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a close game either way late in this one. 

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

It seems like it is very hard for teams in 1A to schedule quality opponents. I know it is difficult for teams in our region to schedule 7 non-region opponents, often times having to take whoever is available for that week. We had to travel to Grundy County and Gordonsville had to travel to Morristown to play Lakeway Christian. Not exactly ideal opponents.

9 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

It seems like it is very hard for teams in 1A to schedule quality opponents. I know it is difficult for teams in our region to schedule 7 non-region opponents, often times having to take whoever is available for that week. We had to travel to Grundy County and Gordonsville had to travel to Morristown to play Lakeway Christian. Not exactly ideal opponents.

Yes it is and we have played alot of bigger schools in the past but usually not good ones though because they don't wanna play smaller schools for the same very reason.  Gordonsville is the best team we've played the last couple of years. I'd love to see the series between Gordonsville continue because it only would help us I believe.  I really expected the Tigers to represent the east but it whoever plays the best on a given night sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

The Sonny Moore Power Ratings have Clay with a 138.6 rating and Coalfield at 131.9, add the suggested two points for home field advantage and the Dawgs are projected as a 9 point favorite.  The same ratings had the Dawgs as a 17 point favorite over Gordonsville last week.

Looking at the other side McKenzie has a 143.6 and MASE a 124.1, Rebels by 20 there.  

23 hours ago, rtl112 said:

We were even in some close games that shouldn’t have been close. We usually don’t start well.

• Like 1