Coalfield @ Clay County

OldTownRoad

31 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I agree.Somebody should be excited!LOL.

I know people from Clay County are excited. Maybe no one more than me. I have a nephew and 6 cousins playing on this team. I have had confidence in this group all season. This is the most athletic and talented Bulldog team I have saw in my lifetime. The 1990 team was really good that was number 1 in class A all year. They unfortunately got upset by FRA in 2nd round finishing 11-1. This group is faster as a team. That’s saying a lot. They don’t nearly have the line size as 90 team though but they play with grit all game and never quit. Dawgs win this game 35-14 and play for state championship. Go Dawgs!

7 hours ago, Dog13 said:

I know people from Clay County are excited. Maybe no one more than me. I have a nephew and 6 cousins playing on this team. I have had confidence in this group all season. This is the most athletic and talented Bulldog team I have saw in my lifetime. The 1990 team was really good that was number 1 in class A all year. They unfortunately got upset by FRA in 2nd round finishing 11-1. This group is faster as a team. That’s saying a lot. They don’t nearly have the line size as 90 team though but they play with grit all game and never quit. Dawgs win this game 35-14 and play for state championship. Go Dawgs!

You should win by a lot more than 35-14.  Dogs need to be able to win this game by 49 or more to have any shot in title game against a loaded team. 

26 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

You should win by a lot more than 35-14.  Dogs need to be able to win this game by 49 or more to have any shot in title game against a loaded team. 

Clay County needs to win this game just by 1+ to have a shot against McKenzie or MASE. Every game is unique and you can't get to Chattanooga without winning on Black Friday. Either team playing in Chattanooga has a shot to win. I promise you that the Dawgs will believe they can win both this week and next weekend and don't have to blow out Coalfield to measure up to McKenzie or MASE. The Dawgs have great respect for Coalfield and are only focused on beating them right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldTownRoad said:

Clay County needs to win this game just by 1+ to have a shot against McKenzie or MASE. Every game is unique and you can't get to Chattanooga without winning on Black Friday. Either team playing in Chattanooga has a shot to win. I promise you that the Dawgs will believe they can win both this week and next weekend and don't have to blow out Coalfield to measure up to McKenzie or MASE. The Dawgs have great respect for Coalfield and are only focused on beating them right now. 

I understand your focus but as another poster here says.  I’m just keeping it real. 

3 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I understand your focus but as another poster here says.  I’m just keeping it real. 

The same people were saying the same things about South Pitt last year. They went to Cloudland (I understand it's harder to win on the road than it is at home) and only won by 1, but then beat McKenzie for a state title. 

8 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

The same people were saying the same things about South Pitt last year. They went to Cloudland (I understand it's harder to win on the road than it is at home) and only won by 1, but then beat McKenzie for a state title. 

Last year was an upset for sure but the gap this year is even greater. McKenzie and MASE are better than the best 2A has to offer. 

3 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

If clay beats Coalfield the definitely have a shot. I think a lot of people haven't seen Clay play. McKenzie ain't Alcoa.

14 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree.Somebody should be excited!LOL.

Plenty of excitement in Bulldog Country.  Thankful for the young men and the coaches on the team for giving us all a season to remember, even if we weren’t playing Friday.  That being said, we are playing Friday and the best is yet to come.  Been out painting the field getting it ready for these young men.  Even though it was getting cold, it was a real treat for an old groundskeeper to FINALLY get to paint John Teeples Field up with my pals for semifinal action.  Coalfield has some good linemen from what I’ve seen, but Clay has them beat at every skill position and most of the line from what I’ve seen.  I hope the community pours out to Joe Neil Eads Stadium Friday Night for the first semi action in Celina since 1985.  Y’all all enjoy your holiday tomorrow.  The good Lord has blessed us all more than we even can comprehend.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jimmycroc said:

Oh we are excited but honestly we have been pretty low key all year.

Yeah,this site used to be banging when the Semis rolled around.Such a great privilege to be playing the 4th round.Seems like alot just dont post about it anymore. Us folks that didn't make it like to read about you folks that did LOL.I loved this week when we got to play it.Not many get to and why not have some fun with it.You dont have a chance if you are sitting at home,never know what can happen!Good luck to both.