Coalfield @ Clay County

OldTownRoad

3 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Congrats to Clay County!  At least Cf respond to getting punch in mouth early in the game.  Congrats on a great season to them and once again congrats to Clay!

On 11/19/2022 at 5:39 AM, orngnblk said:

I think you match up better with Clay but an uphill battle.

BUT you cant win setting at home,so there is a chance!

On 11/19/2022 at 11:22 PM, crow said:

None taken. I agree, we certainly were not a good team and nothing to measure any decent team by. I’ve watch Clay a couple of time and y’all a couple as well. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a close game either way late in this one. 

Old crow and I thought you matched up better with Clay than Gordy.Great job you all let them know you was there anyway!!

• Upvote 1

FIrst things first, hats off to Coalfield on a great season. Those kids showed incredible heart fighting back from a 27 point deficit to nearly tie the game. Their coaches made great adjustments and moved the ball downfield better than any team has all year. Second, while our boys certainly had some uncharacteristic mistakes, they came up big with a goal line stand when it mattered, then we got a couple huge first downs to salt away the game! Definitely some things to fix before next week, but glad we found a way to finish the game. Anything can happen next week, and the game isn't won on paper! Lots of the Clay County faithful will be making the trip down Highway 111 to Finley Stadium next Friday. Super proud of this team!